Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

B-Quiet sound deadening

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011 | 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by 02LS
im pretty sure edead is asphalt based. sound deadener showdown is also a good place.

this isnt 100% true, but most deadeners that come in a roll are asphalt based.
Elemental Designs: Car Stereo, Home Speakers, Electronics

The old stuff was, the new stuff isnt

Old 04-07-2011 | 02:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Caffenated1
i think he meant about hooking those of us up who dont have connections.. thereby making you "our" connection.. I'm going to be looking for sound deadening material soon too. i have 4 12s to go into the trunk of mine. Waiting for a good price on a capacitor and an optima battery first though before i hook it up. I'm still trying to rebuild my set i had, as it got stolen from my cavalier several years ago. -_- slow goings when you're broke all the time. :P
Not to get off track here but the Optima yellow top battery is a good battery for car audio but the cap will just hurt your system if you don't have a high output alternator and even then they dont do much for you. They drain fast and put a strain on the hole charging system of your car costing you power and time .More than anything they look cool and if that is what you are going fo then go right a head

Old 04-08-2011 | 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
Not to get off track here but the Optima yellow top battery is a good battery for car audio but the cap will just hurt your system if you don't have a high output alternator and even then they dont do much for you. They drain fast and put a strain on the hole charging system of your car costing you power and time .More than anything they look cool and if that is what you are going fo then go right a head
actually its been proven that optima batteries arent very good for car audio at all.

also all a cap does is help regulate voltage.

Old 04-08-2011 | 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Milhouse
Elemental Designs: Car Stereo, Home Speakers, Electronics

The old stuff was, the new stuff isnt
i was looking at the edead site a little bit ago before i read this post looking at the dls stuff and youre right!

the new edead stuff sure is butyl. also the top of the line b-quiet is now butyl too!

Old 04-08-2011 | 05:39 AM

actually its been proven that optima batteries arent very good for car audio at all.

Please explain how a yellow top isnt good for car audio at all and how thats been proven, you know you cant just come in here making claims like that without backing it up with some facts.

I don't agree about caps being worthless, its just that 99% of the time people use them incorrectly. IMO, a cap should not be used in a system where dimming is an issue, thats putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound from a shotgun.

Old 04-08-2011 | 09:20 AM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

Please explain how a yellow top isnt good for car audio at all and how thats been proven, you know you cant just come in here making claims like that without backing it up with some facts.
X2 Agreed I want your facts also

Last edited by Blazed SS; 04-08-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-08-2011 | 09:26 AM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

I don't agree about caps being worthless, its just that 99% of the time people use them incorrectly. IMO, a cap should not be used in a system where dimming is an issue, thats putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound from a shotgun.
I think I got misunderstood here what I was trying to say is that they do not help your system if you do not have high output alternator.If you do have a H.O. Alt they do help a little
does that make sense ??

Old 04-08-2011 | 10:07 AM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

voltage regulator or a line conditioner actually regulates voltage a cap is a rapid discharge dry-cell battery it does not regulate voltage in your system it is simply for a faster discharge of energy for a short burst of time . And by that I mean that it is faster discharge than your car battery that is why so many electronic devices have them in the like your computer uses the to help with the initial draw form the PC on start up a second or 2 and they are completely discharged but it does help with that spike at first but still it does not and should not be though of as a
voltage regulator

Old 04-08-2011 | 10:44 AM

Thats where i was with the thought of the capacitor. I had one in my 1994 3.1 5speed cavalier and it worked just fine for the dimming issues. I didn't have a h.o. alternator and the cap kept the car from dimming at all. I'm not a huge audio guy and not 100% on how everything works but i do take the time to research how things hook up to the system and i feel as though I've had everything hooked up correctly in the past. I had no idea that a cap was a bad thing if you didnt have a h.o. alternator. Does it burn the alt up or what? I've never had any issues, just figured i'd ask and see.. Whats the real way to use a cap if not to have the thing there for the spiked draw on the electrical system when you have 2x 1600W amps drawing on it to push 4x 12 inch subs? Maybe i misunderstood other forums or got a bad reply in the past. I really don't know. Also, i had the red top optima battery in the past, whats the diff between that and the yellow? A friend of mine instructed me to purchase the red top for some reason or another so i did. I forget why, i just know what i had and that it was recommended.

Old 04-08-2011 | 10:52 AM

You don't need a h.o. alt in order to see the benefits of a cap, you just need to not have dimming.

Quick Reply: B-Quiet sound deadening