Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6.5" components ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 02:11 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

@walkingonabullet: I am sorry! I read everything you wrote to me, damn near 5 times over, & had/have intentions of fully responding to you, as I have to nearly everyone else here ... I just wanted to add some more information as you sort of lead me to think that you were asking a few more questions about what I was doing, trying to accomplish, what equipment I already had, still had to get, if I had any in-depth knowledge, or if I was just some "nood-knick" looking to hack-slap some separates in my doors, & go on with my homeboys, etc., ... so I, as someone who always feels an inner need to defend himself, or further explain (like what I am doing RIGHT NOW!!! ), I got more involved with offering more information on my audio build than immediately addressing what you so kindly gave up to me ...

Forgive me?

/

Old 01-13-2012, 02:27 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

@walkingonabullet: One other thing, for right now ... At thing point in time, this 3-channel Kicker amp I have is the one I am stuck using in this build. It will work perfectly for me since I am only running the 2 subs on the mono side, & a pair of components on the stereo (L/R) side.

Next late fall, winter, early spring I fully intend of adding some "rear fill" ... prolly some 8" mid-bass, or the like, & then would be in the market for a 5-channel amp.

Anyhow, I know for a fact that this amp is capable of pushing whatever I connect to it with a ton of power, & surprise ... Not intended for you whatsoever, but for many folks, when they see or hear "Kicker", they think of entry-level stuff at Best Buy, etc., but that really is not the case. Kicker's high-end amplifier & subwoofer lines are really impressive, & the baseline "Comp" line that I am using are right on par with other drivers used for IB configs ... numbers-wise, etc. And I can tell ya one thing, ... if in ten minutes I am NOT happy with them, they go back. I purchased them underanagreement that they would be prime candidates for what I wanted to do, & the boutique shop I got them from - a mile from my house - would take them back 'No Qs Asked' if I was not happy, & would assist me with something else. =)

Damn, I ramble a lot!

Apologies, all ...

Old 01-13-2012, 03:21 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Anyone know anything about Bravox Component Speakers?

Last edited by 03JGMonte; 01-13-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Zeke
@walkingonabullet: One other thing, for right now ... At thing point in time, this 3-channel Kicker amp I have is the one I am stuck using in this build. It will work perfectly for me since I am only running the 2 subs on the mono side, & a pair of components on the stereo (L/R) side.

Next late fall, winter, early spring I fully intend of adding some "rear fill" ... prolly some 8" mid-bass, or the like, & then would be in the market for a 5-channel amp.

Anyhow, I know for a fact that this amp is capable of pushing whatever I connect to it with a ton of power, & surprise ... Not intended for you whatsoever, but for many folks, when they see or hear "Kicker", they think of entry-level stuff at Best Buy, etc., but that really is not the case. Kicker's high-end amplifier & subwoofer lines are really impressive, & the baseline "Comp" line that I am using are right on par with other drivers used for IB configs ... numbers-wise, etc. And I can tell ya one thing, ... if in ten minutes I am NOT happy with them, they go back. I purchased them underanagreement that they would be prime candidates for what I wanted to do, & the boutique shop I got them from - a mile from my house - would take them back 'No Qs Asked' if I was not happy, & would assist me with something else. =)

Damn, I ramble a lot!

Apologies, all ...
alot of people look down on best buy brands but thats cause kids go in there and have no idea what they are doing and blow the crap out of everything they buy. then everyone thinks they are garbage cause they blow to fast... on my days off i work at an audio shop. i have installed kicker stuff many times. and im always impressed by the way it sounds(im an SPL guy). the mid ranges in my mind are "ok" they are ,okay nothing special IMO. but i do like the L7s. alpine is a best buy brand. i ran 2 type R 12s on 2000 watts RMS(twice their rated power) they held up for a long time! i sold them and my friend is still using them to this day! alot of people are going to say what they have is what you should get. if you hear something and love that sound, then thats what you should go for! let the haters hate!

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Anyone know anything about Brovox Component Speakers?
i have never heard of that brand before... link?

PS walking on a bullet has ALOT of knowledge in this. definitely pay attention to what he has to say!

Last edited by Boxman420; 01-13-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:41 PM

Here's a link for Bravox,local audio shop sells em & try's to ram em down everyones throat as the best there is so I wanna know if they are or not lol

Bravox Audio

Old 01-13-2012, 08:08 PM

Here's a link for Bravox,local audio shop sells em & try's to ram em down everyones throat as the best there is so I wanna know if they are or not lol

Bravox Audio
hmm interesting.. i have heard of a company(cant remember the name) from Brazil and they were supposed to be good. what does the store want for a set of 6.5s? the carbon fiber 2 way components look cool. every shop here does that to me.. i tell them i have SKAR subs and they are like "what are those? you would be alot happier with rockford, alpine, kicker...ETC..."

Old 01-13-2012, 08:15 PM

Idk I hate the owners of the shop so I nvr go there I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get the Rockfords for mine

Old 01-13-2012, 08:15 PM

Idk I hate the owners of the shop so I nvr go there I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get the Rockfords for mine
thats a good reason! . you cant go wrong with RF IMO. they are a little pricey but they are great sounding speakers! and their amps are very nice as well!

Old 01-13-2012, 08:19 PM

Yeah I went there for an amp & they tried to sell me a Bravox amp that didn't have enough power for my subs & kept arguing with me on it lol & yeah but $200 isnt bD for good component speakers & I love my RF T1500 amp

Old 01-13-2012, 08:34 PM

Yeah I went there for an amp & they tried to sell me a Bravox amp that didn't have enough power for my subs & kept arguing with me on it lol & yeah but $200 isnt bD for good component speakers & I love my RF T1500 amp
yupp! they do that at one of the audio stores by me.. kept telling me their amps would kill my amp. even though theirs are less powerful and not even .5ohm stable! thats not to bad! i wont say how much i paid for all 4 of the sets i just got in today till i put them all in! . hell yeah they are awesome amps! i wanted a RF T2500 so badly. untill i saw the price tag lol.

Quick Reply: 6.5" components ...