Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

07 MC LT Factory stereo w/ aftrmkt 4 ch amp

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Default 07 MC LT Factory stereo w/ aftrmkt 4 ch amp

First of all , I am new here and like all the technical advice!!

My plans are to keep the stock deck, Ihave the "black Box" OEM PAC connection to keep all the steering wheel and chime feature. My question is pretty simple: What is the easiest way to remove the plastic surrounding the deck without damaging the plastic. I know I will need to purchase replacement clips but I don't want to marr or scuff the dash.

The same goes for the door panels, do they have to come of completely or do the grills pop off?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I am buyingthe componentsone piece at a a time so when it warms up a bit I can do it all at once.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:06 PM
Default RE: 07 MC LT Factory stereo w/ aftrmkt 4 ch amp

Theplastic around the headunit pops off. It is on there tight. I used a small screwdriver to pry it with no damage. Hope this helps.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:41 AM

two small screw drivers and pull it striahgt out. I broke mine casue it was cold. So hence why no pics yet of my system lol I gotta pickup a trim ring soon.

Old 02-01-2008, 04:18 PM

ORIGINAL: lemkec
My question is pretty simple: What is the easiest way to remove the plastic surrounding the deck without damaging the plastic. I know I will need to purchase replacement clips but I don't want to marr or scuff the dash.
Actually, I didn't break any clips when I took mine off, I used a plastic putty knife and just slid it in starting with the bottom clips and pried 'er off. Three clips on each side I think, and after you get that off there are a few screws and the climate controls will have to slide out aswell. As for the door panels I'm pretty sure that you have to take the whole deal off, if you are able to take off just the grill you should let us know as I plan on replacing those eventually too.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:33 PM

The door panels have to come off and if you do the rears the back seat side panels and complete back panel has to come out. This is a big project but if you take your time its not to bad.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:18 PM

Thanks for the information
I already found out how terrible the rear speakers were to replace those grills should just be pop out and ez access but nooo.

I have not even attempted anything else I have the Amp the PACconnnection etc.. Just way to damn cold here in UT and it keeps snowing!

I'll post some "installation" pics when I get there

Again thanks to all for responding.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:04 PM

ORIGINAL: lemkec

Thanks for the information
I already found out how terrible the rear speakers were to replace those grills should just be pop out and ez access but nooo.

I have not even attempted anything else I have the Amp the PAC connnection etc.. Just way to damn cold here in UT and it keeps snowing!

I'll post some "installation" pics when I get there

Again thanks to all for responding.

I know the feeling it just keeps snowing here then the rain hits....I cant get anywhere with mine. I just cant wait till its spring then Andrew "me" breaks out the fiberglass and sand paper

Old 02-06-2008, 09:31 PM

ORIGINAL: red06SS

The door panels have to come off and if you do the rears the back seat side panels and complete back panel has to come out. This is a big project but if you take your time its not to bad.
That's not what I like to hear, I was hoping to do that sometime, it might be a summer project or I'll just take it to a shop and have them do it

Those pictures will be really handy for the rest of us lemkec, I'll look forward to seeing them.