Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

06 MC LT decisions!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Default 06 MC LT decisions!

So I just bought a 06 Monte LT and I really want to get a better sound system going, nothing extreme something that just makes the overall sound better and some more Bass. Whats the best way I should go about it? Basically whats the easiest/ cheapest way to bump ha.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Default RE: 06 MC LT decisions!

No way to do it easy and cheap lol

Easy: Purchase the harness required for your car and install a aftermarket deck and sub/amp

Cheap:
Fight with wiring and put a sub and amp in the car and tap into the acc and the rear deck and use low level input device to alow you to have a sub using the stock sound system.....

Old 01-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Default RE: 06 MC LT decisions!

honestly.
go get a small bazooka tube and a decent amp .

wire the factor speakers in to the new amp.

As for the rest then get some decent or better after market speakers for the doors etc...

If you cna afford it or want to geta decent after market stereo. you dont need to spend tons on it but get something that will do wah tyou want. this will give you pre amps. and also allow you to get better quality sound and more sound out of the car.

Or you can go the other route and get what they call a high low box. this gives you Preamps or the ability to use a rca cabel in to the factory system.
Then you can hook on a mp and also a sub or two.

I for along tim had nothing more then this set up with some cheap 12" subs in the trunk and a decent amp . Sounders great and real clear.

Then i upgraded teh head unit. and with the next upgrade i bought the Infinitay Cappa series speakers for the front and rear stock speakers to replace them .
I also ran my Amp kit at this time and pluged the rest of the sytem in at that same time.

Loved the sound and was told by alot of folks it sounded real good.

I am in to more of a clear sound not just loud