Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Decisions, Decisions....

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 03:16 AM
Default Decisions, Decisions....

Okay guys I need your help[sm=sigh.gif] this is completely NOT about cars but I need a male perspective on this...

I'm shopping for my BF a b-day present and I have 2 choices...a new X-Box (original not 360) or seat covers for his truck. He really needs both but the seat covers are going to be REALLY expensive because of what he wants.

Should I
1) get the x-box (by the way it's clear with sound responsive lights)
or
2) give him half the price for the seat covers there by ruining the whole surprise aspect.

Thanx for the help guys!!!!

Jenn[sm=thanx.gif]

Old 01-06-2007, 05:30 AM
Default RE: Decisions, Decisions....

im thinkin seatcovers...... or also ruining the surprise half a 360. now im thinking the original xbox is outdated, but places that sell used games are aboutgiving away ones for the original xbox now.

Old 01-06-2007, 05:43 AM

Clear with sound responsive lights?!? TOTALLY THAT ONE!!! lol.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

yah but the old x-box is out dated, get him an x-box 360 or pay for a bit of it or something for him, or just ask him what he'd rather have...i guess its all just personal preferance

i'd rather have a ps3 if you feel like getting me anything lol

Old 01-06-2007, 01:14 PM

now i guess this depends here.
Is he a big Gamer?
if not then the seat covers would be the better of two choces. But im with the rest of them i would get the new one out not a older version beside im not sure but dont they play the retro games?
I knwo the Ps2 did. (the last one we bought for home)

if he is not in to the gamming so much then get the seat covers or see if you cna find him something that is liek what he wants and go full out for them .
Or if he has a sitter /brother etc... go in with them and see if they will go in with you on it also. and buy the whole thing. for him.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:12 PM

Get the seat covers.

Go for the Wii if you want a system. More interactive and more fun.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:17 PM

whats an X box???? LOL

I hope you all realize this is an attempt at humour.

Old 01-07-2007, 03:46 AM

He is a HUGE gamer...and the games for the 360 are like 50 bucks each so we'd both only be playing the old games anyway. The seat cover are gonna be like 300ish because he wants the embroidered head rests (dodge guy) and tight fitting (not the cheapy loose ones). Every where we've looked keeps telling us that it might be easier just to have them reupholstered instead which of couse jumps the price up a couple of hundred. He wants to get a new truck within the year so maybe I should just get the x-box instead. ARGH!!! Maybe I should just go for the steak and bj thing.

Old 01-07-2007, 05:57 PM

ORIGINAL: fwoggybaby
ARGH!!! Maybe I should just go for the steak and bj thing.[:-]
THAT WORKS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

If he's gonna get a new truck this year, just go for the X-BOX. Still a viable machine and a fraction of the price of the new gen machines.I will get a PS3, but not for at least another year. I think buying the brand new tech as soon as it comes out is wasting money. The price will drop in the first year, and the previous gen is still fun to play. I'm rockin' the NFS: Most Wanted right now on my PS2. Great game!!

Old 01-07-2007, 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: fwoggybaby
Maybe I should just go for the steak and bj thing.
steak and bj's are good!

I say get him the xbox, steak and a bj

Quick Reply: Decisions, Decisions....