Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

7th Gen ('06-'07): 06 MC Keyess Entry Programming Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Default 06 MC Keyess Entry Programming Problem

Hey all, wondered if I could get some help. One of my key fobs isn rough shape so I ordered a new GM replacement, it came today so I got the manual out and it say to turn the key on and get to the "Press to Relearn Remote" menu. I go there and then press the reset check button which then put me into the "Remote Key Learning Active". The instructions then say to hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time fior about 15 seconds until I hear a chime. Problem is I never hear a chime and now only one of the original remotes is working. I tried it over and over by turning the key off and reentering the "Remote Key Learning active" section and trying again and again. I never get a chime and now only have one working remote. Anyone have any idea what might be wrong? I'm stumped.

The car has an aftermarket Alpine radio in it. I read somewhere that this can have something to do with the keyless entry system on some MC's.

Any suggestions are really appreciated!

Old 10-01-2013, 10:04 PM

Is there a good battery in the new remote?

Old 11-11-2013, 07:08 AM

All O'Reilly Auto Parts stores should have a remote tester on the front sales counter. It should be located near one of the cash register stations. It is a display that sells batteries and has a small remote control looking thing attached to it. Simply press the button in the middle of it and then hold the remote in question one foot from it and press your buttons. It will test RF and IR remotes.