Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Wizaired Cold Air Intake Review

Old 11-18-2009, 01:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Parts are hard to find because the aftermarket for your newer car that was only made for 2 years is very small.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:27 PM

kinda wish that chevy bring them back like the camaro

Old 11-20-2009, 03:20 PM

Why bother with a stor boought intake? Just cut the thing off and slap a cone filter on. My Monte hauls and the blower scream makes everybody about crap their pants. Wizaired? That sounds like some gay internet D&D fantasy game.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Originally Posted by Intimidator_Monte05
Why bother with a stor boought intake? Just cut the thing off and slap a cone filter on. My Monte hauls and the blower scream makes everybody about crap their pants. Wizaired? That sounds like some gay internet D&D fantasy game.
Theoretically then u have a hot air intake that sucks in no cold air which is fine b4 the engine gets warm.

the wizaired is just about what u descried as to what u did but has a properly built box so warm as is not put through the intake.

I think wizaired sounds cool much better than k&n or some of the other brands. its unique and thats what i like.!

Old 11-20-2009, 03:37 PM

Thats cool, but it really is a ghey name for it. They should have called it the Intimidator or something...I mean come on, if I put a Wizair sticker on my car I might as will put a rainbow sticker on it and troll for queers.

thanks for the info on the hot air intake though, I think I might try to make a box for it. Anyone do any homemade intakes?

Old 11-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Anyone do any homemade intakes?

Just cut the thing off and slap a cone filter on.

Last edited by nemesis; 11-28-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:20 AM

$263?! I paid less than that shipped for the intake I had on my original Beretta 3100 that transferred over to my 3400 when I did the swap (AND with a slight modification can work on a 3500, too). All I had to do was slot a hole in the battery tray and swivel it over no more than 2" at most. Bam! Polished stainless 3" tubing, couplers with grommets for IAT sensor and vacuum hose to plug in, and a cone filter sitting dry inside my fender well. True cold air induction for a dyno-proven 5hp increase on stock tune! For that price I might as well attempt to recycle it on the Monte. All 3400s are the same, only the engine bay is different. I'm sure it'll work.

Thats cool, but it really is a ghey name for it. They should have called it the Intimidator or something...I mean come on, if I put a Wizair sticker on my car I might as will put a rainbow sticker on it and troll for queers.
You think Wizaired is bad? The original Beretta intakes were named Tranzgenic. A group of us on the board still call them "Transgender" as a joke. And yes, mine came with a vinyl company logo sticker that I never used, for similar reasons you attest to. LOL! The design got bought out a year and a half ago by Styluss Customs. Essentially, a Tranzgenic intake is a Styluss Customs intake now. I continue to use the name Tranzgenic to date myself and my purchase, because I'm old school like that.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:44 AM

15 Year Member

The wizaired is well worth the price for not having a FWI.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ixion
$263?! I paid less than that shipped for the intake I had on my original Beretta 3100 that transferred over to my 3400 when I did the swap (AND with a slight modification can work on a 3500, too). All I had to do was slot a hole in the battery tray and swivel it over no more than 2" at most. Bam! Polished stainless 3" tubing, couplers with grommets for IAT sensor and vacuum hose to plug in, and a cone filter sitting dry inside my fender well. True cold air induction for a dyno-proven 5hp increase on stock tune! For that price I might as well attempt to recycle it on the Monte. All 3400s are the same, only the engine bay is different. I'm sure it'll work.

You think Wizaired is bad? The original Beretta intakes were named Tranzgenic. A group of us on the board still call them "Transgender" as a joke. And yes, mine came with a vinyl company logo sticker that I never used, for similar reasons you attest to. LOL! The design got bought out a year and a half ago by Styluss Customs. Essentially, a Tranzgenic intake is a Styluss Customs intake now. I continue to use the name Tranzgenic to date myself and my purchase, because I'm old school like that.
OMG ROFLMAO...who the heck comes up with these names. it reminds me of GMs big marketing disaster...the Nova marketed in Mexico...means "doesn't go" in Spanish...or the LaCrosse in Canada...I think everyone heard what that was slang for in Quebec...after all this is a family board so I won't repeat it.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:56 AM

15 Year Member

or the LaCrosse in Canada...
You mean the Allure

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wizaired Cold Air Intake Review