Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

SLP Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 10:37 AM

SLP Exhaust pieced together, nothing assembled yet. It came with everything needed for install, bolts, flange, gaskets, hangers, bracket. I went to remove the stock bolts that are in from the factory in place of the drivers side muffler bracket and the head of the bolt broke right off.... now theres a bit of thread left over in an extreemely tight spot and i wont be able to install the muffler bracket withought being able to use this spot... any suggestions on how i can remove this left over thread? its abotu an inch long.... FML

Attached Thumbnails SLP Dual Exhaust-slp.jpg   SLP Dual Exhaust-slp2.jpg  
Old 07-15-2011, 11:14 AM

Option A would be to try to drill through it (if possible). If you can't, get a bolt extractor. It's like reverse drill bit/screw, where the threads are in reverse. So as you drive it in, it pulls out the bolt.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by mogwog
Option A would be to try to drill through it (if possible). If you can't, get a bolt extractor. It's like reverse drill bit/screw, where the threads are in reverse. So as you drive it in, it pulls out the bolt.
Thanks man, ill give that a shot. Would it help to heat it up at that point with a torch? Im weary about torching that close to the bumper cover...

Old 07-15-2011, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by 06-montelt2
Thanks man, ill give that a shot. Would it help to heat it up at that point with a torch? Im weary about torching that close to the bumper cover...
Then just go to an AutoZone or something and get some penetrating oil and hit it with that - let it soak for a bit though to work on the rust and try to free it up.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:16 AM

‪Monte 3.5 v6 slp exhaust‬‏ - YouTube

Ok here it is all set up, just a sound clip really... Sorry about the crappy sound quality that really defeats the purpose of this vid. I put the camera way too close. After i get the exhaust tips to work i will post another. The tips dont work because i do not have the cut outs on the bumper. A few modifications are gonna be made next week and we should see the tips on before next weekend!

Enjoy!!!!

Thats a link up top BTW.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:11 PM

Sounds good man! Doesn't have that flowmaster tone (haha kidding), but definitely sounds mean. What's wrong with the tips though? Do they not clear the bumper because of the hanger? If I remember right, the stock exhaust is basically hidden by the bumper cover.. I ended up just making custom hangers and going directly below the lip.

*and the hangers aren't just steel rods bolted to the frame, they are actual rubber mounts to allow some movement (they looked rigid in the pic lol)

Last edited by abro22; 07-17-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:19 PM

[QUOTE=abro22;343206]Sounds good man! Doesn't have that flowmaster tone (haha kidding), but definitely sounds mean. What's wrong with the tips though? Do they not clear the bumper because of the hanger? If I remember right, the stock exhaust is basically hidden by the bumper cover.. I ended up just making custom hangers and going directly below the lip.

*and the hangers aren't just steel rods bolted to the frame, they are actual rubber mounts to allow some movement (they looked rigid in the pic lol)

Oh yeah, that looks really nice man. Well ive re- positioned the exhaust so many times and could not get the tips to fit well without rubbing up on the bumper. This kit is really made more for the bumpers with cut outs but ill see what i can do, any suggestions will be great and ill be sure to post some pix after its all on good.

Last edited by 06-montelt2; 07-17-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:52 PM

Well... besides buying a new bumper cover with the cutouts.. the only other option would be different brackets, or putting a piece of pipe from the muffler to the tip with a small s-like bend to lower the tip. (It wouldn't even need to be anything major, just a slight bend) Other than that, I'm out of ideas..

Old 07-18-2011, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by abro22
Well... besides buying a new bumper cover with the cutouts.. the only other option would be different brackets, or putting a piece of pipe from the muffler to the tip with a small s-like bend to lower the tip. (It wouldn't even need to be anything major, just a slight bend) Other than that, I'm out of ideas..
Honestly thats probably all that needs to be done, it literally need just 1-2 inches for clearance. A slight bend here or there will do the trick.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:55 AM

So I finally got my slp tips on and to my disappointment it made my exhaust much MUCH quieter! Why did this happen? If its gonna stay like this because of the tips I'm definitely going to replace them... Any advice?

Quick Reply: SLP Dual Exhaust