Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

SLP Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Default SLP Dual Exhaust

Hello fellas,
I just ordered my self a nice birthday gift. The SLP dual exhaust kit. I decided to go with the SLP kit because i feel it would have a bit more of a powerful tone then the magnaflow. IMO the magnaflow kit does have a much nicer look to it then the SLP but as far as sound ive decided SLP would be better for me.

I am going to attempt to take a few pix of the installation process to help a few of you out that plan on going with the duals for our montes.

For starters if you dont already have a dual exhaust set up you will need the muffler hanger for the drivers side, which is in the link below.
GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts

USE THIS PART NUMBER: 12498653

If anyone has any feedback, tips or questions please comment!
If anyone may know of anything else i need to make sure this installation goes right please let me know.

Again this is being done on a 06 3.5 monte, so as far as installation on previous models im sure it will be similar but some parts may differ such as the hangers in the link above.

Thanks!

Last edited by 06-montelt2; 07-08-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:22 AM

Nice! I have the SLP too on my SS...It gives the same sound as the Magnaflow but a little louder.

Pretty straight forward instill, have fun lol

Old 07-08-2011, 11:10 PM

I looked at the SLP cat back kit for my Monte too. If I remember right, the SLP kit doesn't come with a new resonator, where the Magnaflow system does. Do you plan on leaving in your stock resonator, or just deleting it?

Old 07-09-2011, 07:57 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have a similar system but for the 6th gen Monte on my 05 and I like the fact that it doesn't have a resonator and 2.5 inch pipe.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by myfirstbowtie
I looked at the SLP cat back kit for my Monte too. If I remember right, the SLP kit doesn't come with a new resonator, where the Magnaflow system does. Do you plan on leaving in your stock resonator, or just deleting it?
The SLP kit should completely bypass a resonator entirely. I already have a set up with a res delete pipe and flowmaster 40 series and its just not powerful enough sounding haha. the flange that the SLP kit attaches to is right after the cat so thats including the resonator to the muffler is all that will be changed.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:38 PM

ime personally am going to get the slp when i get some funds due to there is no resinator and i like the little more rumble our 3.5 have. i hered a simular year impalla have a simmular set up with out the resinator it sounded pretty good. it kinda shocked me to find a four door have a set up with out a res but it did impress me very much to notice it. the guy said his wife was tired having a car which she drives that there was no note comming from the rear letting her know it was on every now and then.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:51 PM

Heard a monte with the slp setup the first time this summer, love the sound of the slp!

Old 07-10-2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by monte07
ime personally am going to get the slp when i get some funds due to there is no resinator and i like the little more rumble our 3.5 have. i hered a simular year impalla have a simmular set up with out the resinator it sounded pretty good. it kinda shocked me to find a four door have a set up with out a res but it did impress me very much to notice it. the guy said his wife was tired having a car which she drives that there was no note comming from the rear letting her know it was on every now and then.
All of these opinions are making me a lot more psyched about getting this system. I think a majority of why people have a hard time deciding on what to do with their exhaust is because theres not a lot of vids out there for systems on our 3.5's... I will surely be posting sound clips on youtube after the install and hopefully it will help people with their decisions.

Ive done a lot of shopping for the SLP exhaust and i think ive found a very good website for the system and that is sfxperformance.com. Theres a coupon code for sfx "gofastgear" that can be used on a purchase when you use google checkout. I wasnt able to use the coupon properly but i called sfx told them my situation and they said they will be refunding me the difference from the code which is about $55... the kit starts off at about $555 so after the discount its close to $500... probably the best price for the kit i have seen ever!!!!!! Good luck searching for your new SLP system!!!

Old 07-14-2011, 07:56 AM

So it turns out that the slp kit comes with the bracket needed to mount the drivers side muffler. I'm not sure if every kit comes with that or just the one that I bought from sfxpercormance.com... I would take pictures but my phones camera is not functioning as of today.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by 06-montelt2
So it turns out that the slp kit comes with the bracket needed to mount the drivers side muffler. I'm not sure if every kit comes with that or just the one that I bought from sfxpercormance.com... I would take pictures but my phones camera is not functioning as of today.
I think it comes with all of them. There was one in mine though on the SS model it was not needed.

Quick Reply: SLP Dual Exhaust