Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Quieting down the beast

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Default Quieting down the beast

Hey guys, finally passed inspection after several attempts. If you never read my posts, they destoryed me on a lisence plate light and the cherry bomb i had as a resonator. So i replaced the cherry bomb with a piece of straight pipe and I passed lol. Car is at least 10 times louder (in cabin) and it sounds beyond badass outside. The problem is i commute 60 miles a day and cannot stand the noise. I was wondering what the best glasspack is that I could put in to have a nice sound, with the lowest interior resonance. I found a 35 inch dynomax thrus muffler, and it looks decent. Any tips? I was thinking about going back to a cherry bomb but I destoryed mine in the attempt to get it out (sucker was clamped in there too good) and its too loud for my commute anyway, and i had a red hots by flowtech and i didnt rly like how it sounded. I almost wanna just put the OEM resonator back in because it sounded the best inside the car, but its a lot more money than a glasspack. Let me know guys, my interior resonance is up to you lol

Old 02-26-2007, 11:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Quieting down the beast

just go back to the cherry bomb, but paint it before you put it on...in case this happens again...or you could try to find a universal resonator and put it on..should have the same effect...

i forgot you had the loud mufflers on there...i have stock mufflers on mine with no resonator and there's just a little difference from stock...not too much..

Old 02-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Default RE: Quieting down the beast

I can't put back the cherry bomb, i messed it up when taking it out. Plus thats way too loud for my daily commute. I need something free flow that isnt super loud for my highway ride. I am considering going back to stock OEM resonator, let me know if anyone can find one for less than 60$ (found one on ebay). Or if anyone knows of a free flow semi-quiet glasspack