Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Installed new k&n air filter...whata beast

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 06:44 AM
Default Installed new k&n air filter...whata beast

Hey guys, I have recently been toying around with different conical filters. I wanted to see if bigger was better, or how much a different the top made (inverted/non interted). I finally owned up and bought a k&n. I figured why not buy the biggest one I can, so I bought this

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=RF-1024

I was iffy about it fitting, but I got that sucker in. The heat shield I made even fit, but this filter is so big that it is right agaisnt the main radiator hose, so I will need to modify the heat shield. I also was iffy about how it would sound. My old cone was one with an inverted top, and it rly had a throaty growl. So I took this new one for a test drive and was very dissapointed. It was just as loud, but with no grumble from the engine just a lot of sucking. My friend vin wanted to hear, so I warned him that it was a let down. When we went out for a test drive, I was astonished. The car sounded like a dog getting ready to rip someones throat out, and vinnie said "its so angry!!". Yeah k&n is beast--and bigger the filter the better

Im guessing it needed time to soak up extra oil for airflow? I did let it dry for 2 days after I recharged it...dunno---btw i paid 20$ and got it used. It was rly dirty and the guy who had it didnt know they could be cleaned. After cleaning and oiling it, I could not get it as red as it looks like in the pic. It was oiled to the right weight, but I guess they lose their glow after awhile.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Installed new k&n air filter...whata beast

good to hear your happy with it

i love my k&n system

Old 05-21-2007, 10:05 PM

Let's see some pics of this beast!!!

Old 05-21-2007, 10:09 PM

The recharging kit NEVER gets as red as it comes in the factory. Honestly, I think they use an oil with a brighter dye. I've used the K&N oil filters on a few of my cars. Every time I recharged them, they weren't AS red.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:50 PM

i really like the k&N intake for the ss its the big wide cone i got it for my 3.4 ls custom fit so the sensors dont bug out and it fits.

lets just say children die as i drive by
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-04-2007, 06:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Dirtyray

i really like the k&N intake for the ss its the big wide cone i got it for my 3.4 ls custom fit so the sensors dont bug out and it fits.

lets just say children die as i drive by
[align=left][/align]
hahahahahaha! lmao! I dont think killing children is a very good idea though! lol

Old 06-05-2007, 04:26 PM

Nice! I just ordered a wizaired cai and now ill have to go pick up one of those RF-1024 beasts. Think it will fit?

Old 06-05-2007, 08:28 PM

I'm pretty sure it will.