Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

quiet powerful exhaust setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Default RE: quiet powerful exhaust setup

what do u mean in ur sig about voltage booster?

Old 11-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...&catid=107

zzperformance stage 1 alternator voltage booster. you see a significant jump in volts on your gauge, and it doesnt make anything become overpowered. just gives that extra help for running electronic systems.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:02 AM

I have an uncoated plog on my gtp, and its just fine- no problems whatsoever. I also have the mild steel version, so there isa little rust obviously- but I haven't had any problems at all with it.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

How long have you had it on your car? notice anything after doing it? You think getting the crossover they offer would be good, or just a waste of money? I think im probably just going to get the front powerlog uncoatedand the downpipe they offer. use the money i was gonna have to get the coating and crossover towards the GT1 cam.

what version of the downpipe should i get? they offer a few choices for the metal they use. is it worth the price for the upgrade?

any idea what it would cost (roughly) to get a cam installed on our cars? is it labor intensive?

Old 11-24-2008, 04:08 PM

How long have you had it on your car? notice anything after doing it?
About 5 months now. There is a little surface rust formed on the flanges, but the bulk of it is still pretty clean. I noticed the exhaust note changed a very tiny bit, and I dropped a couple degrees of KR.

You think getting the crossover they offer would be good, or just a waste of money?
I don't think I'd bother personally- I guess it would be different if you had a HAI with the filter in the engine bay though.

I think im probably just going to get the front powerlog uncoatedand the downpipe they offer. use the money i was gonna have to get the coating and crossover towards the GT1 cam.
Sounds like a great plan.

what version of the downpipe should i get? they offer a few choices for the metal they use. is it worth the price for the upgrade?
I got a used stainless one off clubgp (3" no cat) for under $100 shipped. I didn't like the idea of mild steel that close to the road w/ salt and all, and it seems like most of the DP's out are stainless anyways.

any idea what it would cost (roughly) to get a cam installed on our cars? is it labor intensive?
Very labor intensive- its really a pain. I'd imagine most places would charge $500+ to do it- many of the vendor sites have price lists posted.

IMO, I'd do a top swap before I'd ever do a cam NA, but thats just me.