Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

My new 2006 SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 11:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on the monte--as far as options go i might miss a couple but here's the jist: leather seats-power seats-heated seats-tinted windows-sunroof-silver package (ground effects)-6 disc cd changer & mp3-premium sound system (that's not so premium from what i've heard on here)-dual climate control. I've owned 3 monte's so far and i'm still lovin it so i'm sure yours won't disappoint! GREAT TOPIC too--i just got my 06 SS in Feb. so i'm gonna be checkin up on this post quite often since i'm ready for a roarin v8 upgrades too

Old 07-07-2010, 09:35 AM

Jester, thanks for the list, its nice to know what im working with, and I bought used without an owners manual (on order) so I was out of the loop

Alright, I have leather/power/heated seats, sunroof, i believe the silver package (i have full ground effects kit), 6 disc changer/mp3 premium (mine sounds great but not excellent - better than most aftermarket speakers though - until you get to the really high dollar ones), and dual climate control.

It didnt come with tinted windows, but im getting 20% on the 5 windows friday, for cheeeeap too, perks of my cuz being the gm at an acura dealership just too bad i didnt want an acura haha

That intake looks nice, not as pricey as i thought either, once i get my subwoofer install done, that will probably be my next upgrade.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:37 AM

as far as exhaust, seems like magnaflow is the way to go, what about performance programming?...any reputable net dealers that have good deals on either you all have dealt with?

thanks

Old 07-07-2010, 09:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

For tuners, the Diablo Sport Preditor is probably the best hand held tuner.

For more custom tunes, HP Tuners is the best bet.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:49 AM

I have been reading mixed reviews over the web, some are for the diablo, and some are for the superchips (correct spelling/name**) tuners...

Whats ur guys' take?

Old 07-09-2010, 12:38 PM

superchips has trans support the diablo doesnt. i think your personally better off getting a catless hogan downpipe, taking off your mufflers for straight pipes and getting the car dyno tuned. the magnaflow is overpriced and doesnt offer a overly noticeable difference in sound. after that if you want more power work on a ls6 intake.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Fogertyb
I have been reading mixed reviews over the web, some are for the diablo, and some are for the superchips (correct spelling/name**) tuners...

Whats ur guys' take?
HPTuners or bust IMO. Sure its more expensive, but you can do far more with it. I've had friends with handhelds before (mostly RWD LSx cars), and there just isn't nearly as much you can do- and you're already paying 2/3 of the price- especially when you can pick up a used HPTuners for not much more.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:42 AM

yes i have been reading up on the hogan downpipe, and cat-less is no problem, I dont have emissions testing in the sticks where im at anyway, as far as the straight pipes go, do you think that would be over the top loud? Will I need to change any sensors, etc...? I have never heard a straight pipe set up on this motor or car. Any recommendations on size or brand for the pipes? I have been reading and it seems like 2.5 pipe with 4 inch tip is the way to go if i did an exhaust system, but im not for sure what to do...

Last edited by Fogertyb; 07-15-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:01 AM

would there be any benefit now or later to purchase the downpipe with the cat? The only thing I can see is that it bolts in rather than welding into the system...does anyone know if that comes with all the gaskets or would I need to get those as well? I didnt see that info on the web.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:57 PM

Click the link in my sig for the sound of a straight pipe. 2.5 inch pipe from the cat back. It's lovely.

Quick Reply: My new 2006 SS