Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Monte Carlo Intake Interest

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Default RE: Monte Carlo Intake Interest

well u know the stuff i orderd is just a good of quality and to tell u the truth i think this looks better with iout the black rubber crap everywhere they come with enought of that from the factory

Old 07-12-2008, 01:32 PM

if you make one for a 2007 lt 3.5l v6... ill have a check in the mail tomorrow.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Alabamamonte, I am in the process of assembling a system for your engine...feel free to pm me for details

DESS03...

First off, you have either misread my post, or maybe scanned over it.
The kit which I will be releasing is not composed with any of the black silicone tubing initialy pictured. I completely agree with you that it is not the most attractive material, and it also does not flow as smoothly, hence why it will not be used.

As for your intake....if your just looking for something semi-attractive and affordable, than your right on the money, but your missing the big point. To sit their and say your parts are "just a good of quality," is a joke. Spectre is natorious for being a cheap company. Their worm clamps which you are using are not stainless steel and they WILL corode and freeze up. Their silicone couplers are a single layer and WILL crack and deteriorate. You will aspecially notice the coupler which sits over the exhaust crossover will go quite quickly. Their aluminum tubing is a very thin gauge in comparison to what I am offering which allows it to absorb heat much faster, hindering performance. So how is it you can insist that the product you purchased is of any comparable quality.

Im not sitting here to put down your intake. Once again, if all you want is something affordable and pretty, than you have found a way to compile that. Hell, if thats all I wanted, you can get the same thing off ebay for 40.00.

I am offering something completely different. I am providing the Monte Enthusiast with a single source, complete intake package which is ready to bolt in and go. It is a kit which uses only the BEST parts available with no corners cut. This is a kit which will look good when you put it in and maintain its awsome appearance for years to come. This kit will outperform anything else currently on the market.

We have two entirely different setups, they arent even comparable.
As I said before....if I wanted cheap, I would just buy the e-bay kits and charge evryone an extra 16.00 for a pcm tray

Old 08-21-2008, 10:42 PM

Do you make anything for an "06 LTZ? I can't find anything for it so far. I purchased the car about two years ago, stored for a year while I was in Korea and now that i'm back i'm trying to add some mods. Let me know if you can or if not do you know of any quality CAI's.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4498/FC9AE66B571A4199853F659C3E738A88.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-22-2008, 12:23 AM

I am definately interested in your CAI kit for my L36! Put me on the list sir

Old 08-23-2008, 09:58 PM

Definitely want to see how the finished product would look. I've been planning forever to make my own, but with me not knowing what's really what in these newer engines I'm a little hesitant to take too much apart, especially when I have room to stick half my body in the bay of the Camaro with the 350 in it, and can hardly get to the spark plugs on the little 3.9L.

So yeah, I'm interested in seeing one for the 3.9Ls of 2006.