Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Monte Carlo Intake Interest

Old 07-02-2008, 06:07 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Monte Carlo Intake Interest

Hey guys,

I kinda started a thread about this a while back about how I was going to be selling a cold air intake setup for the Montes. Well, I am back with the same topic, but I need evryones help.

First off...How much interest is there within the Monte Market for a complete bolt on true Cold Air Induction setup. This kit would contain evrything right down to the instructions with a price tag of right around 200.00. BUT...before evryone jumps on me comparing other companies pricings....here is a rough idea of what the kit would consist of:

9" K&N Filter
4" Aluminum 45* Bend
4" Black Silicone Walled Tubing
PCM Tray
Polished T-Clamps
3.5"-4" Double Walled Silicone Adapter
Lower Splash Shield Guard

...now this is a brief description of the L67 kit. I will also be offering an L36 Kit, and I am developing a new V8 SS kit. If someone locally has a 3.4, I would also be happy to develop a kit for these.

So how much Interest is there? I have posted before, but here are a few pictures to give you a few ideas if you have not yet seen them.

...just to keep in mind, I am also working on a fully polished aluminum welded setup, but with some vast improvements over the competitions. I will go into more details as long as there is interest and we could possibly start a list of people who would be willing to order.

Thanks
Brandon

Old 07-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Default RE: Monte Carlo Intake Interest

ok...well nobody has shown any interest yet...BUT i went ahead and ordered all new product to make the hands down best intake on the market. Ignore the current pics and list of what I had, this setup is all new and being based off evrything I have found through research and reviews. I will take some pics tomorow of all the new stuff and the progress as the intake is built

Hope you enjoy.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:21 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

what was your rough idea for the cost? looks ilke a good set up though.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:29 PM

I have to double check my invoice tomorow, but I am thinking right about 200 for a TB matched 3.5" system complete with pcm tray, iat extension harness, stainless hardware, 4ply silicone couplers, oval K&N filter....the list goes on and on

I will have pictures tomorow of all the stuff I ordered. Stay tuned

Old 07-10-2008, 06:30 AM

*UPDATE

With the messed up Holiday weekend we just had, it screwed up the shipment of all my parts...BUT, the majority of stuff arrived yesterday. I should have the remainder of my setup pending delivery today. Hopefully this time tomorow there will be a new thread with official pricing and completed product of the BEST cold air induction setup for the 6th gen Montes available.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:15 AM

I am interested, but I would prefer to see a True Flow filter used. Let us know when this is completed

Old 07-11-2008, 01:32 PM

I could always send you a kit without a filter and allow you to source your own at a discounted rate....

now...for a little sneak peak. I am still waiting on parts. A bit of stuff is on back order:

Old 07-11-2008, 01:46 PM

hate to say this but i just ordered everythign i needed to buld my own cai from the spectre company in all 4in tubing and installed it for a price ov about 80 bucks and then 16 for a pcm tray so i think 200 may be a little high for a piece it to gether system

Old 07-11-2008, 02:01 PM

Thats the thing though, its not a piece it together system

All the pictures show currently are some of the key untouched components.
Nothing has been bead welded, and half the parts arent in yet for mounting brackets and etc.

Now...I am not putting down your intake in any way...but Spectre is FAR from quality performance. Notice that there aluminum pipes come in about 4" Long sections which require quite a few couplers. And also note that there couplers are single layer silicone along with non-stainless clamps.

Sure...I could go out and buy e-bay aluminum and pepboys couplers, but thats not what I am here to offer. My kit offers the ULTIMATE in flow, smooth transitions, quality and longevity.

If you go to Vibrants website and look at JUST the parts pictured, you would come up with a grand retail total of right around 100.00.

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...a11deaaa558e9c

This does not include the price of a K&N filter, Caspers IAT Extension, New IAT sensor, PCM Tray, another 60.00 Coupler, Time on the welder for beads on the charge pipe so it never comes out of the coupler, Fabrictaion time on the bracket which actually mounts the intake assembly as oppossed to just letting it flap around or packaging and shipping.

Keep in mind the parts ALONE listed are well over 200.00

This is far from a piece together kit, and EVRY part is quality.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: bfurches

I could always send you a kit without a filter and allow you to source your own at a discounted rate....

now...for a little sneak peak. I am still waiting on parts. A bit of stuff is on back ordered
I am still in and will get the cone from true flow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Monte Carlo Intake Interest