Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Got wrong intake-airbox now gutted

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Default Got wrong intake-airbox now gutted

Well about a week ago I ordered a K&N FIPK through jcwhitney...well the intake came yesterday and I already had the factory airbox layin on the floor waiting so i could get the new one on quicker. Well when i opened the box up it turned out to be a CIA for an 04 SSR instead of an 04 monte ss. So i call them and they say ya we messed up send it back and well send you a new one, the only problem is that i never recieved the e-mail with the info to take to fed-ex for free shipping so i call them today and the lady sent it to me again, but still no mail from them. So havingtheanger management problemthat i do i took out the hacksaw and the tin snips and started hacking on the factory airbox. I think the pile of plastic on th floor weighs more than the intake now haha. but it sure as hell woke my monte up. That supercharger sure isn't quiet anymore...I guess it will do untill i get my new intake

Old 04-03-2008, 06:34 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Got wrong intake-airbox now gutted

what all is involved in gutting the airbox? i might look into it....

Old 04-03-2008, 08:21 AM

[align=center]Hi `Jason,[/align][align=center]Sorry to read that JC sent the wrong CAI : ([/align][align=center]Let us know `if they resolved the problem.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope they overnighted the right K&N for your Monte.[/align][align=center]Pictures would be `great of your gutted factory air box,[/align][align=center]plus pic's of your new CAI `if you get it.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wish you better luck.[/align][align=center]Look forward to your future posts.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 04-03-2008, 01:01 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

o yeah... have you noticed a difference at all with your gutted air box?

Old 04-03-2008, 09:17 PM

O yeah theres a big difference the sound is freakin awesome and the power comes on quicker. what i did is took a hacksaw blade and tinsnipsand cut the intake box right behind the headlight(the whole thing needs to be out of the car if you didnt guess). i cut it out from the 3 inch hole that was in it to the size of the foam that seals to the core support its like 8 or nine inches now. then i took the old saw to the peice that holds the pcm and the air filter in...it also had like a 3 inch hole in it, i cut it like 8 or 9 inches wide too. but you cant go too high on it because it holds in the pcm.i will try to put up some pics after i get my new intake and i take the old one off cuz its a pain in the ***. but it already had a stock replacement k&n in it, so that helps too. the mod was totally free, you just need to be patient and take your time to leave enough plastic where it matters for stability. but i couldnt be happier untill the new intake gets here