Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Good Headers to buy

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 07:05 PM
Default Good Headers to buy

I can't really find any headers for my 2004 Intimidator SS - I'm buying one tomorrow (it's my dream car i am very happy to be buying it and very excited). All I can find are Pacesetters headers. Are these any good? Or could I get a link on some other headers, such as SS Auto Chrome or Speed Daddy? I've heard they're good.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I believe ZZPerformance.com sells headers. But I have also heard the names Pacesetter and Speed Daddy.

I'm running a ZZP front Powerlog (just replaces the front manifold that was found to be restrictive) and a ZZP downpipe.

Some people here do have headers on their Montes, hopefully they will chime in with more info and help.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:34 AM

These are an exact copy of a brand that used to be very popular.. SLP I think??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-S...l%3AGrand+Prix

Brands are "speed daddy" and "DNA motoring"

Old 07-14-2018, 01:39 PM

Yeah i plan to do a lot of things to her. Pacesetters seem good but I might go with the speed daddy copies that are used everywhere else, low price but i guess the cheapness is also for a decent product. I've looked into zzp a lot, I plan to get their downpipe and catback for the car. More things when i have more money/time as well

Old 07-16-2018, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I believe ZZPerformance.com sells headers. But I have also heard the names Pacesetter and Speed Daddy.

I'm running a ZZP front Powerlog (just replaces the front manifold that was found to be restrictive) and a ZZP downpipe.

Some people here do have headers on their Montes, hopefully they will chime in with more info and help.
Maniac, did the ZPP Powerlog smoke after first use? Asking because my Speed Daddy Headers did and was told it's fine (thank you wht02monte).

Old 07-16-2018, 03:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I do not recall my power log smoking. But I wish I cleaned the inside up. I believe it was to blame for my upstream o2 sensor failing as there was junk insider it.
Outside of that, no issues.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by HKnux5112
Maniac, did the ZPP Powerlog smoke after first use? Asking because my Speed Daddy Headers did and was told it's fine (thank you wht02monte).
In your picture you have header wrap around your pipes. Odds are the smoke is from that material and the oil from your hands that got on the material and the pipes, it is normal and will go away.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:10 PM
Default S

Originally Posted by DarthExitium
I can't really find any headers for my 2004 Intimidator SS - I'm buying one tomorrow (it's my dream car i am very happy to be buying it and very excited). All I can find are Pacesetters headers. Are these any good? Or could I get a link on some other headers, such as SS Auto Chrome or Speed Daddy? I've heard they're good.
Sd headers are good got a set on my Dale Jr

Old 07-24-2018, 04:27 PM

Dumb question, but the speed daddys come with a new downpipe right? i'm not sure if they do or not because i dont want the ubend

Old 07-24-2018, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by DarthExitium
Dumb question, but the speed daddys come with a new downpipe right? i'm not sure if they do or not because i dont want the ubend
Yes, it does, goes all the way up to where the 'split' is to the rest of the exhaust system, if that makes sense.

Where you'll need to unbolt to separate the downpipe and the other piping (dual exhaust, mufflers, etc) I can send a pic, actually, if you'd like. Had to get a different piping system because I also used it along with the ZZP 3" Catback system.

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Good Headers to buy