Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   6th Gen ('00-'05): Good Headers to buy (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/good-headers-buy-59922/)

DarthExitium 07-12-2018 07:05 PM

Good Headers to buy

I can't really find any headers for my 2004 Intimidator SS - I'm buying one tomorrow (it's my dream car i am very happy to be buying it and very excited). All I can find are Pacesetters headers. Are these any good? Or could I get a link on some other headers, such as SS Auto Chrome or Speed Daddy? I've heard they're good.

The_Maniac 07-12-2018 09:50 PM

I believe ZZPerformance.com sells headers. But I have also heard the names Pacesetter and Speed Daddy.

I'm running a ZZP front Powerlog (just replaces the front manifold that was found to be restrictive) and a ZZP downpipe.

Some people here do have headers on their Montes, hopefully they will chime in with more info and help.

wht02monte 07-13-2018 06:34 AM

These are an exact copy of a brand that used to be very popular.. SLP I think??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-S...l%3AGrand+Prix

Brands are "speed daddy" and "DNA motoring"

DarthExitium 07-14-2018 01:39 PM

Yeah i plan to do a lot of things to her. Pacesetters seem good but I might go with the speed daddy copies that are used everywhere else, low price but i guess the cheapness is also for a decent product. I've looked into zzp a lot, I plan to get their downpipe and catback for the car. More things when i have more money/time as well

HKnux5112 07-16-2018 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 712816)
I believe ZZPerformance.com sells headers. But I have also heard the names Pacesetter and Speed Daddy.

I'm running a ZZP front Powerlog (just replaces the front manifold that was found to be restrictive) and a ZZP downpipe.

Some people here do have headers on their Montes, hopefully they will chime in with more info and help.

Maniac, did the ZPP Powerlog smoke after first use? Asking because my Speed Daddy Headers did and was told it's fine (thank you wht02monte).

The_Maniac 07-16-2018 03:53 PM

I do not recall my power log smoking. But I wish I cleaned the inside up. I believe it was to blame for my upstream o2 sensor failing as there was junk insider it.
Outside of that, no issues.

Jeffs02rwdSS 07-16-2018 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by HKnux5112 (Post 712923)
Maniac, did the ZPP Powerlog smoke after first use? Asking because my Speed Daddy Headers did and was told it's fine (thank you wht02monte).

In your picture you have header wrap around your pipes. Odds are the smoke is from that material and the oil from your hands that got on the material and the pipes, it is normal and will go away.

04l67 07-18-2018 08:10 PM

S

Originally Posted by DarthExitium (Post 712813)
I can't really find any headers for my 2004 Intimidator SS - I'm buying one tomorrow (it's my dream car i am very happy to be buying it and very excited). All I can find are Pacesetters headers. Are these any good? Or could I get a link on some other headers, such as SS Auto Chrome or Speed Daddy? I've heard they're good.

Sd headers are good got a set on my Dale Jr

DarthExitium 07-24-2018 04:27 PM

Dumb question, but the speed daddys come with a new downpipe right? i'm not sure if they do or not because i dont want the ubend

HKnux5112 07-24-2018 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by DarthExitium (Post 713102)
Dumb question, but the speed daddys come with a new downpipe right? i'm not sure if they do or not because i dont want the ubend

Yes, it does, goes all the way up to where the 'split' is to the rest of the exhaust system, if that makes sense.

Where you'll need to unbolt to separate the downpipe and the other piping (dual exhaust, mufflers, etc) I can send a pic, actually, if you'd like. Had to get a different piping system because I also used it along with the ZZP 3" Catback system.