Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Flowmaster vs. Magnaflow for Rumble?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 11:54 AM

Tips: Make sure you have all the right tools & equipment before your start & Click the below link to be `safe
Things to Remember when Working Under the Car - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Good Luck & let us know how it went p.s. a sound clip would be great to hear

Old 07-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04LaVaSS
I have 40s and i have no rasp noise whatsoever. I know our motors with flowmasters you usually experience terrible raso but with my resonator being replaced by a magnaflow glasspack, it deleted whatever rasp i wouldve gotten and it kept the wounderful flowmaster sound
Interesting... I don't have alot of rasp, however any rasp is bad rasp... can you post a sound clip?... Definately interested...

Old 07-13-2012, 07:52 AM
Default Didn't even get off the ground...

Well, my exhaust project never got off the ground last night.

I got the back up on ramps, and put jackstands for safety. Problem is, The Monte has 98,000 miles on her. The stock exhaust was rusted over. I sprayed some penetrating solution on and scraped off some rust.

Two hours later we were still trying to get the bolts off between the cat and the resonator. We tried everything. Either we don't have enough muscle or we don't have the right size ratchet, but we nearly rounded out the bolt.

Any suggestions for a stubborn bolt? This one is ON THERE. I know a mechanic or two, I'm calling around today to see if any of them can lift it real quick and loosen that bolt for me with an impact wrench or something.

I refuse to let a shop put on a bolt-on catback exhaust.....

Old 07-13-2012, 07:57 AM

How to Remove Rusted Bolts on an Exhaust System | eHow.com

Click above link & I hope it helps ~> Good Luck & Good Sounds

Old 07-13-2012, 05:57 PM

Personally, I like dynomax. I was going to put dynomax on the Monte but I came across a $650 complete exhaust system for a GTP that I switched for mine exhaust for $250 and that exhaust has Magnaflows on it. They have a good tone and are decently loud.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:11 AM

Got the exhaust on. Had a helluva time lining it up, and still haven't fixed all the leaks. But it's on.

I'm disappointed with the sound. The tone is perfect. A deep rumble. But it doesn't sound much louder than stock. I know exhaust get a bit louder as you break them in, but I'm seriously considering either getting rid of my cat or deleting the mufflers for some dramatic volume boost.

Deleting the mufflers might ruin this lovely tone, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. Also, 4" tips look meeeaan.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:17 AM

We removed the resonator on ours and put some aftermarket corvette mufflers on (? brand) sounds nice but cutting the res was a noticeable improvement.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by ReimTime
Got the exhaust on. Had a helluva time lining it up, and still haven't fixed all the leaks. But it's on.

I'm disappointed with the sound. The tone is perfect. A deep rumble. But it doesn't sound much louder than stock. I know exhaust get a bit louder as you break them in, but I'm seriously considering either getting rid of my cat or deleting the mufflers for some dramatic volume boost.

Deleting the mufflers might ruin this lovely tone, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. Also, 4" tips look meeeaan.
i was late to this and when i tried to warn you my post didnt work for some reason. the magnaflow was what i felt was a huge waste of money. i wish i never bought it. i couldve just had a 2.5" y made and straight piped it, but instead i listened to people that swore it was awesome. a week after i bought it i removed the mufflers and had straight pipes made for it from the magnaflow y it sounds way better. i have a video posted of it on here. be warned though if you keep dod it sounds horrible when it engages.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Crusader SS
Interesting... I don't have alot of rasp, however any rasp is bad rasp... can you post a sound clip?... Definately interested...
Definetly!! Ive been meaning to get a sound clip up, just been very busy. Itll be up soon! Later today most likely

Old 07-16-2012, 01:21 PM

Yes Straight pipes are best, i really love the all natural LS4 tone with nothing slowing it down.

Quick Reply: Flowmaster vs. Magnaflow for Rumble?