Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Flowmaster vs. Magnaflow for Rumble?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 09:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I definitely recommend Magnaflow over Flowmaster...the Magnaflow has a better tone IMO, and they are better quality mufflers...

As for more volume, you can delete the resonator, or even replace it with a smaller one. I replaced mine with a Magnaflow 14" resonator, stock was an 18".

Old 07-10-2012, 03:42 PM

You can always do both I have 2 flowmaster 40 mufflers and a 18'' magnaflow glasspack where the resonater was. I couldnt be happier with the sound!! Ill try to get a sound clip up tomorrow

Old 07-10-2012, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by 04LaVaSS
You can always do both I have 2 flowmaster 40 mufflers and a 18'' magnaflow glasspack where the resonater was. I couldnt be happier with the sound!! Ill try to get a sound clip up tomorrow
THIS, 40 series is where its at, flowmaster is awesome sound everyone i know has them dude im tellin you ... get the flowmaster if you get the magnaflow make a video, when iget my flowmasters ill make a video and make you regret getting them lmfao jk jk

Old 07-10-2012, 07:55 PM

what about borla?

Old 07-10-2012, 11:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

i have always thought magnaflow have a much better tone

Old 07-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Originally Posted by BakedOutCarLo420
THIS, 40 series is where its at, flowmaster is awesome sound everyone i know has them dude im tellin you ... get the flowmaster if you get the magnaflow make a video, when iget my flowmasters ill make a video and make you regret getting them lmfao jk jk
Really???... I run mine with a u-bend delete into a Magnalow Cat with a resonator delete (stainless straight pipe) and out a pair of Maganflows with Vibrant tips... I have absolutely no regrets... As with all 3800 series II motors in our cars, you are going to get great low tones at low revs and from 2800-3000+ rpm's you will start to experience rasp, no way around this with our motors unless you are willing and able to spend some really big bucks on a serious build... Good luck, and if you go with Magnaflow I assure you, you will not be dissappointed...

Old 07-11-2012, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Crusader SS
Really???... I run mine with a u-bend delete into a Magnalow Cat with a resonator delete (stainless straight pipe) and out a pair of Maganflows with Vibrant tips... I have absolutely no regrets... As with all 3800 series II motors in our cars, you are going to get great low tones at low revs and from 2800-3000+ rpm's you will start to experience rasp, no way around this with our motors unless you are willing and able to spend some really big bucks on a serious build... Good luck, and if you go with Magnaflow I assure you, you will not be dissappointed...
I have 40s and i have no rasp noise whatsoever. I know our motors with flowmasters you usually experience terrible raso but with my resonator being replaced by a magnaflow glasspack, it deleted whatever rasp i wouldve gotten and it kept the wounderful flowmaster sound

Old 07-11-2012, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by 04LaVaSS
I have 40s and i have no rasp noise whatsoever. I know our motors with flowmasters you usually experience terrible raso but with my resonator being replaced by a magnaflow glasspack, it deleted whatever rasp i wouldve gotten and it kept the wounderful flowmaster sound
i bet your car sounds so nice. people seriously underestimate those 40s.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:54 PM

I used to have 40's on my 07. i didnt think they were loud enough so i replaced them with 2 12in glasspacks turned backwards and removed the res. It was louder but not the tone i was looking for about 4 months ago i cut off the glasspacks and welded up some straight pipes into some 2 5 inch slant tips. HOLY crap i like it this was over any other muffler i have heard i will post a video when i can get my new camera! GL on whatever you plan to do.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:22 AM

Oh yea, straight-piping sounds awesome. Just not an option for me, at least not yet.

Well, guys, the magnaflow arrived yesterday and I'll be putting it on tonight. Hopefully things go smoothly. Any tips?

(I will keep the possibility of Flowmaster muffler replacements open. I know the Flowmaster stuff is good...)

Quick Reply: Flowmaster vs. Magnaflow for Rumble?