Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Finally looking into headers...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

To be honest, my TOG's barely effected the way my exhaust sounded. If anything I would say that it's a pinch deaper, but that's it. Keep the cat on though if you don't want it to be raspy like mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gXOBJOEqq8

As you can see, it's pretty raspy without the cat and res. If you remove the u-bend though, that doesn't really effect the sound. It's the res, cat, and mufflers that really effect it. From what I've heard, Borla mufflers sound the best on 3800's (although I haven't them in person).

Old 01-11-2011, 01:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Yeah I most def don't want it to be raspy, that's why I'm being so particular & picky about the whole ordeal. We had a grand prix in the shop that needed a cat replaced & my dad started it up without the cat on it & I was like holy crap. That would've actually sounded decent if it wasn't so choppy & raspy

& this may seem like a dumb question but it's bugging me...what is the textured part near the end of the pipe?

Old 01-11-2011, 02:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Honestly I know most people don't think Performance mods are good for car shows and judges, but I get more feedback and such about my turbo setup then anything on my car...I get lotsa compliments from Import guys when I go to there shows on the turbo setup, and such as well as from domestic guys for doing something different, I guess that's the biggest thing, being different, granted headers and turbo are 2 different things but just pointing out performance mods can win trophies and get peoples attention too.

I have Borla on both of my cars, and will always get Borla on every car I buy. The biggest issue most have with Borla is they are ussually the most expensive, but once you get past that they are a great product. For me though they are very quite at idle, and even just cruising along but get much louder at WOT (On both of my cars) .

To me I like this cause after a while the loudness and drone gets to you when your just cruising around....I also like the sleeper effect it gives on my monte, the car sounds stock at idle, and even just cruising around...most don't even know there's a turbo in the car until the pressure starts to build which makes for a perfect sleeper imo.

Joe

Old 01-11-2011, 02:14 PM

Joe, I love your car.

Thought i'd mentioned it here. lol

Old 01-11-2011, 10:52 PM

Well Mike is getting Borla mufflers, or at least I think he still is so once those are on I'll most def be checking them out. I just need something quick & somewhat cheap right now

Old 01-12-2011, 07:28 AM

the textured thing that you seen is the flex pipe that you need on the piping do to the twisting of the engine. it gives flexing for the rest so there is no breaking in the piping

Old 01-12-2011, 06:46 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Well Mike is getting Borla mufflers, or at least I think he still is so once those are on I'll most def be checking them out. I just need something quick & somewhat cheap right now
Your trying too hard to have a good sounding v6

Old 01-12-2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by monte07
the textured thing that you seen is the flex pipe that you need on the piping do to the twisting of the engine. it gives flexing for the rest so there is no breaking in the piping
Ohh gotcha. Thanks for cleaing that up =)

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Pssh no I'm not! I never try too hard with my baby =D

Old 01-12-2011, 09:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Joe, I love your car.

Thought i'd mentioned it here. lol

Thank You!

Joe

Old 01-13-2011, 06:19 PM

Stock cat-back + tiny pulley = awesome sounding v6.
Just sayin.

Quick Reply: Finally looking into headers...