Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

DP w/cat replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Default RE: DP w/cat replacement

kool thanks. so if you want to get rid of it to make the car sound louder then ya still need to add the cat back kit to it.

Man that bites i was hoping LOL

Thanks

Old 08-19-2006, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

As Dess noted, the resonator stays. I am not sure I want it much louder than it is, for now anyway. I am itching to get this thing in next weekend.

Old 08-25-2006, 08:31 PM

Well, I could not wait and had it installed at my muffler shop. I had some concern that maybe, just maybe I was going to have to replace the rest of the pipe with 2.5"...

Took all of 30 minutes in and out and $60. Although it was tempting to do myself they had it on the rack and free time to get me in today...

Sound: Not much more than what I had with just the flows but noticeable. Much better throttle response and the sound is much better on take off at normal launch.

WOT: Whew, what a difference.... Sound and more power on tap.

Also, I am sure this is short lived until my PCM figures out what is going on but I clocked in just over 30MPG on the way home.

Installation was a snap, same dims, the 2.5 flange was a perfect fit at the manifold and the resonator ends.

Overall, it was worth the $$$$... If you get it make sure you get the gaskets.... The stockers were trashed..

Here is a picture..

Old 08-25-2006, 09:58 PM

NICE!! Makes me excited to get mine setup as well. Thanks for the write up and the pic, Mr. Montejass.

Hey, do you know roughly how much it costs to just get your mufflers swapped out at the shop? I am itching to get the muffs done, but haven't inquired at anybody yet.

Old 08-25-2006, 10:10 PM

I had flowmaster 40's and chrome tips installed for around $350... If I had it to do all over again I would have gone SS on the tips.

But I have been rather happy with the Flows....

Old 08-26-2006, 09:10 AM

see i dont even have the tips on mine LOL

im slow when it comes to this stuff. i have to much fun doing the other things i have done.

Next were doing the center councial in mine it will Gloss black on top and red on the bottom to match the dash.

also im going to add moe lights up behind the dash to make it look nicer at night. right nwo you can see it but not real good. so i want to see them better

Old 08-26-2006, 05:40 PM

hey montejass order ma adownpipe and ill trade yo umy highsport kit fot it

Old 08-26-2006, 05:47 PM

and you said they u noticed more heat coming out form under your car b4 did this aleviate that probblem becasue recently i have noticed that the area under my center console is getting kinda warm

Old 08-26-2006, 05:48 PM

mine seems to be warm belive it always has but on long trips or when ideling for a extended time i have this also.

Just always figured it was due to the pipe being closer to teh car at that point.

Have you noticed it went away after this?

Old 08-26-2006, 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: DESS03

and you said they u noticed more heat coming out form under your car b4 did this aleviate that probblem becasue recently i have noticed that the area under my center console is getting kinda warm
It seems like it did correct the heat issue, I noticed that the temp gauge even shows it to run a little cooler. I will know for sure tomorrow, I plan to take a nice Sunday cruise up to Conroe, I found a classic car lot up there that has old fixer uppers cheap. I took it out last night for a 30 minute cruise and there is a nice difference in both sound and power. This morning I noticed that it started better and the gasping for air at startup was not as loud.

hey montejass order ma adownpipe and ill trade yo umy highsport kit fot it

You got it, let me know a week ahead of time and I will get another one exactly like mine..

Quick Reply: DP w/cat replacement