Go Back  Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums > Your Ride > Headers/Intake/Exhaust
Reload this Page >

6th Gen ('00-'05): a down pipe for speed daddys?..dont no what to do

Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): a down pipe for speed daddys?..dont no what to do

Old 04-21-2015, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question a down pipe for speed daddys?..dont no what to do

i had em for almost a year and im trying to put emin. it took me forever to find shop that'll do the job. i have no cat, but need it for inspection now that im back in ny. i figured i shud put a DP with it since its getting all chopped up again. im not sure if zzp DP will work these headers, they have a flex pipe built in. so does the zzp dp. also they have a bolt on ending.
i added a pic of the headers.
will the installer figure it out welding-wise? or is there a better option

02 SC

Attached Thumbnails a down pipe for speed daddys?..dont no what to do-stainless-ss-racing-manifold-header-exhaust-grand-prix-gtp-regal-impala-3-8l-v6hds-gp97-8b.jpg  

Last edited by NYGiantsfan; 04-21-2015 at 07:27 PM. Reason: better heading
Old 04-22-2015, 11:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by NYGiantsfan View Post
i had em for almost a year and im trying to put emin. it took me forever to find shop that'll do the job. i have no cat, but need it for inspection now that im back in ny. i figured i shud put a DP with it since its getting all chopped up again. im not sure if zzp DP will work these headers, they have a flex pipe built in. so does the zzp dp. also they have a bolt on ending.
i added a pic of the headers.
will the installer figure it out welding-wise? or is there a better option

02 SC
You shouldn't need a downpipe with these headers. They should bolt on to the factory pipe. You may have to move your car back or cut into the header downpipe to add the cat.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by red04montels View Post
You shouldn't need a downpipe with these headers. They should bolt on to the factory pipe. You may have to move your car back or cut into the header downpipe to add the cat.
Wow thanks for the heads up I got to worry about is a cat and maybe a foot or two of some pipe thanks a lot bro