Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

DIY Ram air intake (WIP)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 05:17 PM

haha, just like above, i thought you were making joke vid at first. I wanna see this when your done.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:03 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but what is holding the scoop on? If its just the bondo coat holding it on, that is not going to work. If you've ever seen some of the people putting a fiberglass scoop on a metal hood with bondo- the bondo will crack, and all its gonna take is a hairline crack plus highway speeds, and that thing is gonna be gone (hopefully it doesn't hurt anybody in the process).

Realistically, at a minimum I would epoxy the fiberglass scoop to the hood- many people rivet them on and bondo over the rivets- or I would use sheet metal screws through the fiberglass. Its one thing if it flies off your car and breaks your window (which I kinda doubt it would, looks like its pretty light)- its another if it hits someone elses car and injures them, or causes a serious accident from them trying to avoid it.

-edit, I do apologize if you attached it with something other than just bondo like I thought.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:10 PM

woop woop, do you know how fst you were going and how long it took to go that fast. 4 minutes into the video, its right here officer. im taking you back home for being a dumass.

that might look better painted, all we can hope is that its functional. why would you paint your dash, to match your black and white gucchi camo fit.
uggggghhhh aaaaaaaaaaa.

im with bumping on the hole keeping it on your hood this. that would be a travisty it that was on and other hood.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by mak330
woop woop, do you know how fst you were going and how long it took to go that fast. 4 minutes into the video, its right here officer. im taking you back home for being a dumass.

that might look better painted, all we can hope is that its functional. why would you paint your dash, to match your black and white gucchi camo fit.
uggggghhhh aaaaaaaaaaa.

im with bumping on the hole keeping it on your hood this. that would be a travisty it that was on and other hood.
idk if that was supposed to be funny or **** me off....

im confused

anyways i sanded it down and slapped ALOT of silicone onto it to help hold it. I took my time gettin up to speed so that if it started to fail i would be able to slow down before it ripped off

oh and sanding down bondo sucks... its gonna eb afew days till its ready for paint

Last edited by RocknSS04; 05-05-2010 at 04:28 AM. Reason: language
Old 05-04-2010, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Overdose666
idk if that was supposed to be funny or **** me off....

im confused

anyways i sanded it down and slapped ALOT of silicone onto it to help hold it. I took my time gettin up to speed so that if it started to fail i would be able to slow down before it ripped off

oh and sanding down bondo fukin sucks... its gonna eb afew days till its ready for paint

sorry if i offended you massa. do what ya do on ya monte. i just think that its shoudnt affect others on the road, and that red dashes look pretty ricey.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by mak330
sorry if i offended you massa. do what ya do on ya monte. i just think that its shoudnt affect others on the road, and that red dashes look pretty ricey.
its cool lol, and it seems to be holding real good, and at the first sign of problems im gonna take it off, i really dont want it causin problems for other people. More than the dash is red lol wasnt meant to be ricey, just make the car more... attractive

Old 05-04-2010, 11:27 PM

OOOUUUUUUCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH! Whats goin on here??

Old 05-04-2010, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
OOOUUUUUUCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH! Whats goin on here??
I wish I knew

Old 05-05-2010, 08:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Seriously, the bashing needs to stop.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:07 AM

congrats on the new scoop...you should experiment with different shapes. I say if you made it yourself you should be proud...I probably would have just cut some cups in half and used duct tape...

Quick Reply: DIY Ram air intake (WIP)