Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Custom exhaust-what all do i need...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 11:23 PM

Just keep them shined up, but I know you will.
Nothing worse than when people put the bowtie tips on and let them deteriorate and rust up.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:16 AM

i had a speed shop that does alot of custom parts on exaughst as well as performance things to classic as well as modern cars. do my headers they made them from scratch do to it is the 3.5 flex type of v6. they used a pair i found off of a wrecked impala with the same engine as mine they used them as a template for the opening as well as the bolt holes as well as the bends. but when you get yours from zzp or some where it will open the 3800 up to breath. i noticed that on mine on the 3.5 it opened it up alot by breathing. also get the down pype for your 3800 because of the down pype has the ubend in it that has the bind in it that reduces the flow for the gasses to excape

Old 02-19-2012, 01:08 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
If you have seen them and still have your heart set on them.... I can't argue that (lord knows I've done what was not popular many times, but I did what I thought was right).
Ive seen them in person and those ones were junk but a clean pair will look good i think
Originally Posted by KJRich
Just keep them shined up, but I know you will.
Nothing worse than when people put the bowtie tips on and let them deteriorate and rust up.
Oh i will,dads truck had a magnflow system on it when he bought it,id be out there forever trying to clean all the crap he got on it,toobad he went back to a stock once that one went lol
Originally Posted by monte07
i had a speed shop that does alot of custom parts on exaughst as well as performance things to classic as well as modern cars. do my headers they made them from scratch do to it is the 3.5 flex type of v6. they used a pair i found off of a wrecked impala with the same engine as mine they used them as a template for the opening as well as the bolt holes as well as the bends. but when you get yours from zzp or some where it will open the 3800 up to breath. i noticed that on mine on the 3.5 it opened it up alot by breathing. also get the down pype for your 3800 because of the down pype has the ubend in it that has the bind in it that reduces the flow for the gasses to excape
Didnt plan on doing headers buck deffidently will get the down pipe!

Old 02-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i am running a ceramic coated front plog the cartuning turbo kit with a 2.5" dp and open cutout. when the cutout is closed its straight pipe back to 2 flow master 40 series mufflers. but the cutout is never closed lol. for you the front plog and a 2.5" dp would be good but headers will def be alot better as it upgrades both manifolds and crossover as well (not saying the rear mani and crossover are really bad stock) as stated already the main things u need to do is get the stock front manifold off and open up the dp to a 2.5" with high flow cat and "u" bend delete.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:30 PM

If you really want a nice sound it will cost a bit more. I did ZZP stainless Headers with 3 inch downpie. Magna Flow high flow cat. no res. and flowmaster super 44 mufflers. It sounds great.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:31 PM

I think ill do zzp downpipe,some sort of cat,and thrush mufflers

Old 03-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Default I hope I'm not piggy backing (thrush)

So I was originally going to go with Flowmaster 40's but after some research it appears that people are suggesting Thrush mufflers. I went on the website to check out the mufflers Site Link Which one's would I get for my 06 Monte SS?

Thanks for the help guys, also let me know if I should be posting in a dif. section but for a res delete what's the benefits as well how do I go about doing that?

FYI: everything is stock

Last edited by Jparks; 03-29-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Adding Info
Old 04-04-2012, 12:42 PM

Hey guys, I just went through this thread a little bit, I am upgrading my muffler system to the flowmaster 40 delta series. Am I able to get rid of my resonator completely and still be able to pass emissions tests? or should what should i do?

Old 04-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

resonator shouldn't have anything to do with your emisions. As long as you have a cat still in place you should be fine.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
resonator shouldn't have anything to do with your emisions. As long as you have a cat still in place you should be fine.
i agree, as long as you have a cat in place it doesnt matter what u do after that. the resi and mufflers are just put in place to make the car quiet.

Quick Reply: Custom exhaust-what all do i need...