Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Crossover Pipe input!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 10:40 AM

using DEI exhaust wrap or something similar does a good job keeping the heat in the pipes and keeping underhood temps down. i use exhaust wrap lots at work and you can almost touch the pipe.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- October 2010

I was thinking about doing that also..... the wrap your talking about, is that the stuff you have to wet first and then wrap around? I dont know much about the wrap but it sounds like a good idea, cuz my engine seems to get pretty hot so anything would help! A link or product info would be helpful on that stuff to! Thank you!

Old 01-11-2010, 04:31 PM

the wrap i use at work you don't have to soak. i don't know what brand it is, but it works fine without soaking. the DEI stuff, says it's optional to make it more pliable. IMO you could get it done w/o soaking. you should also use a silicone sealer spray to "waterproof" it from the elements. otherwise, what could happen is water gets soaked into the wrap and rusts your pipe. if you live in a dry climate, you might not need this.

i wanted to wrap my crossover pipe but decided against it cuz it looked to be a pain in the a$$, not so much to wrap it in the car, but to apply the silicone sealer spray. i found the spray necessary in my case since my monte is a daily/all season driver and is exposed to salt spray, rain, snow that can splatter up there.

http://www.designengineering.com/pro...asp?m=sp&pid=9

you can get DEI wrap or any other brand wrap and the spray at any auto parts store or pretty much auto parts website ie summit, jegs, etc.