Exhaust Build: Classic Sound - Page 4 - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust Build: Classic Sound

Old 05-08-2018, 12:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2009
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Highway is where it's the worst by far. You'll get into drone heavy spots in city driving, but at least your RPM is all over the place so it doesn't get as monotonous.

On the highway, it sits at the exact same RPM for what could be hours and hours. The excitement wears off very quickly and it's just noise at that point.
​​​​​​

Old 05-19-2018, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93 View Post
Heres my car, it's got a front plog from zzp, a 3" downpipe with a gutted cat, no mufflers and a glasspack in place of the resonator. Glasspack tends to help reduce some of the raspiness these cars have. It does drone like crazy though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-1I3AL4kUQ&t=1s
Very similar to how mine is set up, ZZP headers, 3" downpipe with hi-flow cat, and custom 2.5" back including custom y-pipe. 18" glasspack in place of the res and two 8" in place of the mufflers. Doesn't rasp and sounds pretty good, but it does drone a lot

Old 06-29-2018, 06:28 PM

You could do what I did. I put on a magnaflow downpipe, it has the ubend delete, and throw on a Walker Super Turbo cat back. Sounds good at idle, not too loud, and good on acceleration. There is some drone around 50-60 with moderate throttle but overall it sounds pretty good and doesn't cost a fortune and is easy to install yourself

Old 11-17-2018, 12:50 PM

Built very solid, some road noise. Nice factory speakers. Very sharp looking, comfortable to drive. Small back seat but for a driver it's very comfortable.

It's definitely a fun car!

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.