Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Adding L26 intake to my turbo setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 11:45 AM
dgm
1 Year Member
Default Adding L26 intake to my turbo setup

Hi All - I recently added the Cartuning Turbo/IC Kit to my 2000 monte ss. I just purchased a new L26 intake from dealer and looking for help on best way to set it up, im also going to replace throttle body just havent figured out which way to go... things im confused about are which gasket kit between uim/lim,pcv(cartuning uses the l36 map sensor), the opening to the right of throttle body area(is that the egr) and vacuum ports. I am removing egr(already deleted from pcm and unplugged) i have plates to block egr. I also have a vacuum block with up to 6 ports that im trying to incorporate so maybe i can source one vacuum location feed to alky kit,gauge,etc if possible.I'm not loving the pcm tune that came with the setup(gas mileage has tanked to 14mpg avg and doesnt shift as well even with the shift kit springs) from 18-19 with overkill tune before turbo(chime in Will) all help is appreciated on this project and thanks in advance...

Old 08-17-2014, 12:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

A member here by the name of maniac did a write up on how to make the l26 plenum swap work. I have also done it but no sense me describing it when he made the elaborate post on how to do it

The tune, see if kevin at cartuning can further assist and if he can't I recommend a dyno tune. Brian turner at dyno tune motorsports is an awesome tuner and I'm sure could help ya out.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:30 PM
dgm
1 Year Member

I'm gonna call Kevin tomorrow about helping tune it via computer with hp tuner cable ... yeah Jasons write up is great and he is always a help. I just thought there may be some differnces with turbo setup... can the evap purge solenoid be deleted? you got any close up pics of your set-up?

Old 08-17-2014, 01:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't really have any close up pics but you will use a l26 gasket. I jb welded my pcv shut and I'm using a oil catch can in place of the pcv valve. Egr delete was done with a penny and sealer. There is a port on the lim that needs plugged but I don't remember where exactly but I believe it's the coolant port for the tb or something like that. Also if I remember correct there is a port on the uim that needs plugged also.

Yes the evap system can be deleted if the codes for it are turned off in the pcm.