Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

3" Piping

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 08:03 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm running straight pipes on my Mustang - stock 2.5 X pipe straight pipe all the way back - it is very loud and sounds pretty good - a little raspy and droney at certain RPMs but couldn't see myself spending $500-$700 on an axle backs for my car.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by bblackstone
Your way off on the raspy sound. No rice here. I’ll stick with my straight pipes.
The only problem with this is that the 3800's do get very raspy, even when they are highly built, they all have the rpm level where it gets bad.

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
Im used to the v6 rasp now I think v8s sound funny.
you're kidding right?

Last edited by red04montels; 09-08-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:01 AM

yes I am kidding when I build the montes powerplant I am going to make it as free flowing and quite as I can. Hi flow resonator and all no straight pipes.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:27 AM
10 Year Member

yes I am kidding when I build the montes powerplant I am going to make it as free flowing and quite as I can. Hi flow resonator and all no straight pipes.
That's good because a V8 with correct exhaust, a nice V8 at least, is the best sound ever haha

Old 09-09-2012, 06:56 PM

Most people think because a car is loud it is fast. Not always the case a well built engine with a nice quite exhaust makes a sweet sleeper and when you beat a loud mustang they will be pissed they got beat by a quite seemingly unmodded monte.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:41 PM

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com<o:p>Why is having a loud car a bad thing? Just about every thread about the exhaust I read about in this forum scorns at loud pipes on the car. I don’t like loud cars at 400ARE. I do! I'm 52 years young and I refuse to give in to the social garbage. As for a loud car that is slow. My 04SS SC HT is by far from slow. Quick? No. She is not built for the 1/4 mile. To me a 1/4 mile run is about as exciting as watching two flies ****! My car is built for highway (max speed on closed course 147 MPH) and pylon driving. AKA SCCA. The joke about “get out of the men’s room” is just that. A joke. That’s why the original post has a smiley face. <o:p></o:p>
I'm not here to having a peeing contest. But if somebody has an idea or feels a certain way towards there likening I do not feel it necessary to degrade and talk down to them. I have had plenty of cars in my life time. This auto of today is a little tricky so I ask questions. Asking questions does not make you any less knowledgeable about the automobile than those who feel they know all about them. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Side bar: Your posting is full of counter diction. One example; Build a fast car but you hate people who drive fast.<o:p></o:p>
</o:p></SPAN>
</o:p>

Last edited by bblackstone; 09-11-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by bblackstone
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com<o:p>Why is having a loud car a bad thing? Just about every thread about the exhaust I read about in this forum scorns at loud pipes on the car. I don’t like loud cars at 400ARE. I do! I'm 52 years young and I refuse to give in to the social garbage. As for a loud car that is slow. My 04SS SC HT is by far from slow. Quick? No. She is not built for the 1/4 mile. To me a 1/4 mile run is about as exciting as watching two flies ****! My car is built for highway (max speed on closed course 147 MPH) and pylon driving. AKA SCCA. The joke about “get out of the men’s room” is just that. A joke. That’s why the original post has a smiley face. <o:p></o:p>
I'm not here to having a peeing contest. But if somebody has an idea or feels a certain way towards there likening I do not feel it necessary to degrade and talk down to them. I have had plenty of cars in my life time. This auto of today is a little tricky so I ask questions. Asking questions does not make you any less knowledgeable about the automobile than those who feel they know all about them. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Side bar: Your posting is full of counter diction. One example; Build a fast car but you hate people who drive fast.<o:p></o:p>
</o:p></SPAN>
</o:p>
The don't like loud exhaust on monte's because it sounds bad enough when it's muffled by quieter aftermarket exhausts but when you make it louder it just makes that bad sound 10x worse and more annoying.

I would rather have a car that isn't as loud and have better performance.... It's like straight pipes on a truck... loud, no torque and slow.

That's just me but that's how I think a lot of people feel about loud vehicles.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:14 PM

my dart will be loud, my monte will stay silent.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:43 PM

Most people think because a car is loud it is fast. Not always the case a well built engine with a nice quite exhaust makes a sweet sleeper and when you beat a loud mustang they will be pissed they got beat by a quite seemingly unmodded monte.
No kiddng a loud car does not make it fast. Its the racing stripes that make it fast! Right?

OK done hijacking this thread. just do what you feel. If you want it loud. Make it loud no matter who says what. Same thing with if you want it quiet. do what you want. Its your car.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Ss supercharged Do you have any pic of the exhaust system installed. I'd like to see how it looks.

Quick Reply: 3" Piping