General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: HID light kit, or CAI... (Which one would you get first?)
Get HID light kit first
10.00%
Get Wizaired CAI first
90.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Wizaired CAI, or HID light kit (which one first?)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by jaws2008
voted for CAI. Over time the CAI will pay for itself in gas milage. I have the wizaired CAI and its great. Then with the money you save buy HIDs.
You bet! Never really thought of it like that.

End of month is when I can get the rest of the dough for the CAI. Light years away. lol. I thought about making a CAI, or a FWI. I like the fact that the duct of the CAI on the Wizaired is farily short. Also that it's in an isolated, insulated enclosure. Easier to get to for cleaning also.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i disagree with the CAI paying for itself, its gonna make you wanna hit the gas more to hear the sound, but a CAI getting more power to the supercharger than a FWI? doesnt make sense to me since both are bring cold air, and with a FWI the tubing should be pretty straight, so that wouldnt really be a problem.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:36 PM

Ah, you couldnt be more right about that one. You're gonna be on that gas ALL the time. As soon as you hear that roar and feel the little extra response, you're gonna be HOOKED! Cant remember who told me this but, "mods are like a good drug, once you start, you cant stop".

Old 08-18-2010, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Ah, you couldnt be more right about that one. You're gonna be on that gas ALL the time. As soon as you hear that roar and feel the little extra response, you're gonna be HOOKED! Cant remember who told me this but, "mods are like a good drug, once you start, you cant stop".
better that than real drugs

Old 08-18-2010, 11:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

I hit the gas hard all the time but I still have a 2 mgp increase. But I also have my car custom tuned as well. I saved well over enough money for it to pay for itself

Old 08-18-2010, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
better that than real drugs
Aheemmmmm... And how would you come to know this??? JK of course I know its a hell of alot better than booze.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Aheemmmmm... And how would you come to know this??? JK of course I know its a hell of alot better than booze.
i dont drink smoke or do drugs so just assuming i guess ha

Old 08-19-2010, 01:35 PM

I have been reading about AEM filters. Has anybody used one of these with a Wizaired, or any CAI for that matter? It looks to be pretty good. You do not have to oil these filters as it's a dry flow filter. I am considering using one of these instead of a K&N, or Spectre filter. What's the word on using an AEM filter on the Monte's? Also, does anybody know which specific AEM filter would fit best?

I was thinking I could get a 4x9" filter in there.
This is the one I was looking at.
http://www.amazon.com/AEM-21-3059DK-.../dp/B001DX7F5G

Last edited by Cicatrix; 08-19-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member

aem and k&n will most likely be your best bet, AEM you can just shake out to clean out the dirt, the CAI you will have to oil and if you do it too much it can clog the MAF and that can get expensive, i like K&N but i think i will probably go to AEM next filter.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:10 PM

AEM makes a cleaner for the filter that I guess you just spray the filter with. No oiling it up after though, which is one less step. I don't know if you have to wash out the cleaner with something or not. I need to take a closer look at their cleaner kit.

Ok, looked at it closer,lol. AEM has a two bottle cleaning solution. > Fill pail with water> submerge filter up to neck of filter> Let soak 10 minutes, agitate a bit> fill pail again with water, and second bottle solution and repeat> let dry. Can't get simpler than that. This AEM filter intrigues me more and more. I think I will be getting this over the K&N as well.

Last edited by Cicatrix; 08-19-2010 at 02:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Wizaired CAI, or HID light kit (which one first?)