General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

The window tint guy removed my rear window antenna!Whatsup with that?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Default RE: The window tint guy removed my rear window antenna!Whatsup with that?

me too. I assumed he had an 06 or later. You know what they say about assumptions...

looks like donutboy is the only one in this thread that knows what he's talking about!

Old 03-15-2007, 01:35 AM
Default RE: The window tint guy removed my rear window antenna!Whatsup with that?

Maybe the year should have been in the original post then....would have cleared up a lot of confusion before started!

Old 03-15-2007, 02:06 AM

The 6th Gen Monte had the OnStar antenna sticking off the rear window. On the 7th gen, they were combined into the XM receiver on the roof. The radio antenna is IN the rear window.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:06 AM

That's what I said.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

On my 03 ss the antenna on the roof is for XM :p
The rear one on the window is for the radio

I'm actually getting my monte tinted as I typed this lol
He took off my rear antenna the inside and outside piece
I hope he puts it back on

Old 05-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow. Revived a really old thread.

I believe the antenna you're talking about is the OnStar antenna. If you don't subscribe to OnStar, don't worry about it. I took the external antenna off of my rear window a couple years ago. Car looks better without it. And the black plastic parts were all cracking and faded anyway.

If you don't subscribe to OnStar, leave the antenna off. Then go in the trunk, unplug and remove the black "OnStar" box on the left side. You'll get yourself a little bit of room back in your trunk!

Old 05-16-2011, 10:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Wow. Revived a really old thread.

I believe the antenna you're talking about is the OnStar antenna. If you don't subscribe to OnStar, don't worry about it. I took the external antenna off of my rear window a couple years ago. Car looks better without it. And the black plastic parts were all cracking and faded anyway.

If you don't subscribe to OnStar, leave the antenna off. Then go in the trunk, unplug and remove the black "OnStar" box on the left side. You'll get yourself a little bit of room back in your trunk!
lol ma bad
im talking about the one on the roof being the xm one tho correct?
but yea im removing the one on the rear window, just doesnt belong and it looks bad:p

Old 11-17-2022, 01:47 PM
Default Antenna and tint

Originally Posted by jeffsmonte
I got my windows tinted day ago, and by the way it looks great. So today I was dusting the car off, and I noticed that the rear window antenna was removed as well as the base that attaches it to the glass. Whats up with that? Is that normally done? Whats that antenna for anyway, onstar or radio? Because I did notice that the radio reception wasnt that great either. I may go back there and ask the shop whats goin on, based on your responses.
Thanks.
Hi, my tint company tore my antenna up. That was attached to window. Let me know what the tint company said.

Old 11-19-2022, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by chefphyl
Hi, my tint company tore my antenna up. That was attached to window. Let me know what the tint company said.
The thread is 15 years old and the OP hasn't been on in 10. Not very likely we'll get an update at this point.

You need to go back to the tint company and have them fix it if they broke something.

Old 11-21-2022, 07:34 AM

If the shop has integrity and good standing in the business community, you shouldn't have any problems. Nevertheless, before approaching them, prepare as though you're going to small claims court. Closely examine the fine print on your receipt. An established reputable shop will have fine print on their receipt which will state, among other things, their limit of liability. This can work for you as well as against you depending on the verbiage, if any. If there's nothing about that, they leave themselves open to all sorts of potential claims which will help your claim. Even if there is verbiage that states something like "…not responsible for damage…", that doesn't mean they are absolved from negligence or ineptitude. Either way, the burden on your part is two-fold; prove you had a window antenna (the car's build sheet and/or sales literature) then prove it worked and wasn't damaged before bringing it into the shop. The second part will be the hardest part if you don't have photos showing the antenna was present and intact prior to leaving the car with the shop. Check with the better business bureau and your state's bureau of automotive repair for previous complaints filed against the shop. If this has happened before to other clients and they filed formal complaints, it will further help your case as it establishes a pattern of poor business practices. Avoid Yelp and other online rating sites as most judges consider those as unreliable given that ratings can be manipulated.

Good luck.