General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

monte ss

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 12:57 AM
Default monte ss

well im hoping to add a new vehicle to the fleet. my luck is taking a turn for the good. i just found out that a 4 wheeler i bought brand new back in the end of march 03 may have been found. i got a letter from the DA today saying so and so are being charged. this is the best ive felt in almost three years. im keepin my fingers crossed. i just bought a 98 grand prix two weeks ago, the guy said the engine was bad. so i bought it for 375 bucks took it home and fired it up, yeah it was noisey. what happened was the head gaskets were bad and he fixed them well he started it up with the throttle bracket not properly installed and it was at half throttle and it was making noise. well i fixed the bracket, changed the battery and fired it up and let it run. it didnt sound half bad after the lifters pumped up. anyone with a 3.1 liter will know what noise was still there. a little clatter but ive heard worse in cars i serviced for years when i was wrenching. its a pretty much common noise in the 3.1. ill runner. if she does go at any time ive got a whole 375 bucks into it. there is plenty to play with in that budget. but i will hopefully be getting my hands on a 85-86 monte ss. awesome shape. less motor and trans but that will just receive the engine out on my 87 project so itll make a couple cruises before snow flies and then when the funds are back to kosher im wanting to put together a 377 destroked for the 87 ls project and that should turn into a nice ground pounder 1/4 mile car. ill keep you posted and if luck is my way ill post some picks.

Old 10-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Default RE: monte ss

Hey Chevy, hows that new job going????

i just found out that a 4 wheeler i bought brand new back in the end of march 03 may have been found.
That is pretty lucky, I hope they guy that ripped it off gets the electric chair... (Yeah Right LOL)

i just bought a 98 grand prix two weeks ago, the guy said the engine was bad. so i bought it for 375 bucks took it home and fired it up, yeah it was noisey.
How many miles on it? Sounds like you made one heck of a deal...

Old 10-05-2005, 09:11 PM

jobs pretty good. cant complain. the cars got 150k. not too shabby. i found out the four wheeler is more than likely inexistant. the guy is on the run and he left his girlfriend and son to burn. isnt that special. he is in michigan i am told. i hope he is enjoying himself. there is over 20 counts of burglary they have admitted to. they actually had to ride around with a sheriff and say they stole this from there and this from there. well they pulled up where i used to live and they told them they stole the 4 wheeler. it left the state almost imediatly and went to florida or michigan. but i guess this a lesson for myself and hopefully to alot of people. BUY INSURANCE.

Old 10-25-2005, 09:05 PM

well i just got word my buddy is going to do the deal. ill put up some pics on my photo page when i can. ive gotta settle the deal first and ill take pics of the whole fleet. catch you guys later

Old 10-26-2005, 03:45 PM

congrats!!

Old 10-30-2005, 10:29 AM

ill take some pics today, i take ownership today. couldnt sleep all night. i took the engine out of the otherone last night. and ill probubly get to working on the new one tonight.

Old 11-01-2005, 09:00 PM

well here is some pics i took of it. i also took a couple pics of my winter beater. well actually it a year round beater, its got a small block in it. fun to beat on. i didnt get any pics of the grand prix yet. i will as soon as i get home when its light out. enjoy
http://photos.yahoo.com/chevy_jj

Old 11-08-2005, 01:12 AM

well i got the engine in last week and the gauges set up and connected. i got the fuel pump put on today, had to go electric. the engine isnt drilled for a mechanical pump, i guess the general decided a 95 tbi engine didnt need it. took it around the block for a test drive, needs a little work on the timing but she goes pretty good. hits second gear real nice, spins the tires into second gear for roughly 30 feet. i can already see the BFs are gonna take a beating. nothing really special done to the engine, its out of my 95 full size, 350 with vortec heads and edelbrok intake. everything else is stock. the tranny i redid with the stage 2 shift kit and i put my own touches on the clutch packs. could have done more with it but special machining tools are expensive. im gonna run her for a couple of weeks and then put it away for the winter. i think next winter ill throw a different engine in it and do the body work. ill hire someone to do that cause i hate body work. i learned that on my 87.well ill get a couple more pics up as soon as possible cause the others are a little dark. well ta ta for now.