General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: Will you store your Monte for Winter ?
Yes, I will Store & post what I do to my Monte
47.73%
No, I can't afford 2 store my Monte, but I will post what I do for winter months
52.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

? Will you store your Monte Carlo 4 Winter ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012 | 02:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Mine will be covered and with a battery tender and a full tank of gas as soon as the 1st snow fall. Then i comes out in April if the salt is gone. Till we leave for AZ its the Cobalt that gets us every where. Now that the Chevelle is gone. She'll be over in the 3rd stall fast asleep Bummer

Old 10-17-2012 | 12:06 PM

Fortunately I now live in Georgia which really doesn't see snow. Even if it did, it's still my daily and, worse, I live in a place with no covered parking and screaming kids throwing footballs and climbing on people's cars. Been mostly lucky so far though.

As soon as that changes in a couple of years though, Monte is going to be a weekend car otherwise stored year-round while I work on rebuilding it Til then though, I just keep having to add lots of miles on it every day. Sigh.

Old 10-17-2012 | 01:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My monte is my daily driver and only driver unfortunately. That means it will see the terrible salty roads of Iowa. I'm hoping for another mild winter like last year. One thing I am doing this year is running winter rims. I'm actually quite excited to put them on because I want to see how they look. They will definitely change the look of my monte for the winter. I don't want to run my 077's I got this year in the salt, so I refinished my stockers as some of you may remember..

Other than that I'll be sure to stay off the salty roads as much as possible, and wash it often!

I've got a few winter projects coming too so watch out!

Old 10-17-2012 | 01:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Mine will be stored at my grandpas again, which will give me time to part together the rest of my suspension and engine stuff Hopefully I'll have that and get it done quickly in the beginning of the summer and then my exhaust can follow.

Old 10-17-2012 | 01:21 PM

Yup, its getting tucked away this weekend as a matter of fact. Have my own garage now so I won't be taking up a bay at my parents house anymore

Old 10-17-2012 | 02:28 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by milrlyt
Fortunately I now live in Georgia which really doesn't see snow. Even if it did, it's still my daily and, worse, I live in a place with no covered parking and screaming kids throwing footballs and climbing on people's cars. Been mostly lucky so far though.

As soon as that changes in a couple of years though, Monte is going to be a weekend car otherwise stored year-round while I work on rebuilding it Til then though, I just keep having to add lots of miles on it every day. Sigh.

Other than the part about living in Georgia, I'm pretty much in the same situation. I'm currently looking for another place. Preferably with a garage so I can at least get the Monte out of the elements when it's not being used. But it will still have to be my daily driver for a while until I get a cheap, reliable daily driver.

Old 10-17-2012 | 04:32 PM
|

Originally Posted by Taz
Other than the part about living in Georgia, I'm pretty much in the same situation. I'm currently looking for another place. Preferably with a garage so I can at least get the Monte out of the elements when it's not being used. But it will still have to be my daily driver for a while until I get a cheap, reliable daily driver.

`Lou, I sure hope you find a garage with a home & get a daily driver..It has to be difficult to see your Monte endure the winter elements. I sure hope that you can find a place soon

I am happy to read that over 50% of the member's that voted are fortunate enough & lucky to be able to store their Monte Carlo's I wish everyone could, but I sure do understand that cost to have a 2nd car & a place to store.

Thanks everyone for your posts & votes...Wish everyone a mild winter & a super running Monte Carlo

Old 10-17-2012 | 05:29 PM

Space, you gotta add the possibility that the Monte is our daily driver and that we have to drive it in the winter! I wish I could store mine while I was away at college during the winter though :/ I guess I really do fall into the second category.

Old 10-25-2012 | 04:55 PM

I don't store mine for the winter but I don't drive it when the weather is bad and that includes all year long. I have three other vehicles I can drive during the winter and in bad weather. Mine usually is not in a garage but under a carport.

Though I like my Dale Jr, it is not my favorite vehicle, so my 98 chevy ext-cab Z71 truck that I bought new usually gets the garage space along with my 70 Monte Carlo which is never kept outside these days.

Wayne

Old 10-30-2012 | 03:06 PM
15 Year Member

i kind of have to because the winter car i use to drive is down right now. but i did winterise it. change the radiator fluid did the trans fluid a little early than i needed but didnt want to freeze my self when it needed it. just need to do the oil on a reg. i put in more radiator fluid then water do to a experence that i had with the head gaskets some time ago. but i change it to 50/50 when spring comes

Quick Reply: ? Will you store your Monte Carlo 4 Winter ?