General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: Will you store your Monte for Winter ?
Yes, I will Store & post what I do to my Monte
47.73%
No, I can't afford 2 store my Monte, but I will post what I do for winter months
52.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

? Will you store your Monte Carlo 4 Winter ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ? Will you store your Monte Carlo 4 Winter ?

Hi Member's,
How many are fortunate enough to be able to store their Monte Carlo in bad weather (Winter Months) ?

Please vote about & also let us know what you `do to your Monte b-4 it goes into storage...(Make a post please)

Thanks, I hope the information you post will help member's that do store....

For those that can't store their Monte's...What do you do to your Monte Carlo to prepare it for winter months ? Please post & let our member's know...? Thanks

Old 09-29-2012, 10:27 AM

Old 09-29-2012, 10:28 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I can't store mine for the winter. It is my daily driver and I used to get back and forth from college but I try to keep it clean from the salt and just the daily drive.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:30 AM

Thanks `Zach for being 1st to post...Maybe the below will help you & member's ?

Old 09-29-2012, 11:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Heres the thing:
For the first 4 years of its life..I had mine stored in a heated shop...
So, I was very fortunate..Thats when I was doing multiple shows,With a Auto and truck accessory shop and a Collision shop as sponsors...

Thats when I use to live on the Northeast side of Michigan.Then I moved Downriver for my Job...So, Then It was and still is garage kept....Now that I dont really do a lot of shows with it..much...I will probably get back into the swing of things since I joined up here...But Im sure most recall its the mrs daily driver now.
But even during the winter..before I put it in the garage for the night after the mrs gets home. I run it up to the corner and get her hosed down..Top and Bottom..(the car wash I use during the winter is excellent)

As you can tell from the pics...For a 13 yr old vehicle with over 160,000 miles it still looks saweeeeet! Now that we picked up this New GMC Sierra Custom Truck..I will be better able to start on bringing her back to perfection.

But getting back to when I stored it...I would Put her up on Blocks remove the wheels and tires. Give her a real good coat of polish to a high sheen..I would use stabil in the tank of gas (fill it full). I would put it up on blocks so as to keep any pressure off the suspension. (To maintain the ride height) as well as keep the pressure off the struts etc.. Since it was in a climate controled shop. The fluids werent really effected..But in the spring. when I would bring her back out...She got all her fluids changed.(coolant,transmission, power steering,Brakes, Oil and filters)

I still do regular fluid changes even though its the mrs daily driver..
Surpriseingly it still has all the power it had like the day I bought it from the dealer !! Yes, It will still burn the tires all the way down the block!
But I no longer do that..(Tires and gas cost to much)..

Even though I have a warranty thru Belle Tire..They know the difference between regular wear and abuse ! LOL

Last edited by STUMPMI; 09-29-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I Could store mine if i want to walk.lol Mine is a daily driver too. Also it does not fit in my garage too well so it sits outside. i just clean it once a week at the self carwash.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:40 PM

This is my only car, therefore my daily driver. If I had a big enough garage to keep it in I would, but it's about that time to start prepping her for a rough north Iowa winter

Old 09-29-2012, 02:18 PM

No need in MO on stl side. We go maybe 3 inches of snow total last year. Rest was just cold. KC side gets hammered tho

Old 09-29-2012, 02:25 PM

I'm putting mine away for the first time this winter... it wont be seeing the road much in the coming years

Old 09-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Have to drive mine all winter. It's my only car.

Quick Reply: ? Will you store your Monte Carlo 4 Winter ?