General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Why did You buy a Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 12:22 PM

I thought I dug this thread up a month ago. Anyway, we got this car cause my wife wanted a monte. We took it for a 5min test drive, didnt even look under the hood, didnt try to lower the price. We knew what we wanted, saw this car, asked for a test drive and walked out a half hour later. We did however see a 07 that we were interested in, but I like the 6th gens more.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When I sat in it, everything just fit. My hands, feet, even butt fell right into place. I knew then I was meant to buy the car. Little did I know it'd be a pain in my *** and wallet for years lol

Old 07-11-2010, 01:01 PM

i got mine cuz i threw a connecting rod through my oil pan in my 96 ford t-bird!!!!! i was in a big depression cuz honestly when something happens to your pride and joy car u get a little upset. at first i was dead set on going with another rwd (camaro, mustang, etc.) but since my dad works for an auto parts store he found my future ride. at first i said monte carlo??? why would i want that??? well the guy selling was a very good friend of the family ( the monte was actually a loaner car for his bodyshop) he let me borrow the car for the weekend. my first trip on the highway i was very pleased; smooth acceleration, lot of get-up-and-go, and it looked great doing it to!!! to say the least i was at the bank that monday getting a loan for $3000 for my new baby.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:40 PM

I had always thought gen 5 and 6 montes looked killer when seeing them on the road, and I have always been into larger american made coupes. When a drunk driver totalled my thunderbird super coupe one night driving home from a rancid show, I already knew what I wanted next. Looked at a couple montes, loved the styling, and the head and leg room was perfect for me. The 3800 felt great. Saw my black 02 ss and literally was love at first sight.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:00 AM

My brother had 2 Monte Carlos an 87 Luxury Sport and a 88 super sport. he was big into the lowrider scene then and had them all fixed up with nice hand tucked interior good systems all that stuff. The LS had wire wheels the super sport some nice Irocs. and ever since then i loved Monte Carlos. i still want to get me a project car when the timing is right for me but i saw the 6th gen Monte Carlos and saw that they had a little bit of an old style look to them. i was disappointed it was front wheel drive of course but i shopped around found one with low miles for an awesome price and bit.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:06 AM

i got one (well gettin) cuz a 83-88 SS has been my dream car for as long as i can remember......always wanted a white and blue on....soon ill hav one

Old 07-12-2010, 12:43 AM

i was searching for a new car and i really liked the new body style back in 2000 i got mine in 06 tho these cars are great they look great ride great whether u wanna keep them original or fix em up i would really like to get my hands on a pace car or a nascar edition i would never part with 1 of those

Old 07-12-2010, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by teamfbody
i was searching for a new car and i really liked the new body style back in 2000 i got mine in 06 tho these cars are great they look great ride great whether u wanna keep them original or fix em up i would really like to get my hands on a pace car or a nascar edition i would never part with 1 of those
man id love to hav an original pace car...but im a 4th gen freak and idt they used them for pace cars in 83-88...BUT th AeroCoupe was ment for nascar

Old 07-14-2010, 01:04 PM

I saw a 5th Gen Monte sitting in the parking lot of my Work and thought it looked nice so I went online and found out it was a Monte carlo (at the time I didnt know what a Monte carlo was). 2 Months later i bought my 98 LS.

I get SO many compliments from people about how much they love my car, they love the sporty red racing look of it. I even get compliments from Classic Car collectors I meet at the gas station and other places.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:17 PM

I didn't really buy mine, my mom did. When she bought it though, I fell in love with it. Then, she told me it was going to be mine someday. That someday was 2 weeks ago and I couldn't be happier! It feels like my Monte was made for me. When I drive it, it just feels right.

Quick Reply: Why did You buy a Monte Carlo ?