General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Why did You buy a Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 11:39 PM

well the choice was not so simple for me... i went to the dealership looking for an Impala SS because i was looking for a sporty sedan for my hopefully soon to be family. i found a couple that i liked and i continued shopping around for a better deal.

when i was 18 and about to join the army i had found a Monte Carlo SS that i loved and wanted so badly but could not afford obviously... however, i went to the same dealership last saturday that i did back in 2004. in the exact same spot i saw it... a 2004 Monte Carlo SS Intimidator edition, the same color (the other one was not an intimidator back in 2004) and seemed to just be calling to me. i test drove it and fell in love with the smooth acceleration, great handling, and beautiful ride. the rest is history.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:56 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

had to have one, we have 3 people at work with montes and it just said "buy me" also the dual exhaust with chrome tips was my biggest reason to buy it, it was looking sweet in the grass with hood up along the road and had to have it! i bought mine at a KIA DEALER, i could have bought a brand new car for what i'm paying for mine. now there is an "O4 INTIMIDATOR" right up the road from where i got my 06 monte lt, dam, i wish i had the funds like space has for moderating this site? later, to bed soon!!

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 05-16-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:01 AM

My dad had a '79 for almost 16 years and bought a '99 about 6 years ago as a work vehicle. I've always loved them and I'm a Chevy guy. I finally had the means to be able to afford payments. I instantly fell in love with the 7th gen face lift when it was released and went for my 2006 3LT.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thank You,
Member's for posting Why you purchased your
Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Our MCF Family Member's sure have some
SuperSuper Monte Carlo's,
and many have made their's Extra Special by
their indiviual modifications.
4-Sure

Old 05-16-2009, 07:19 AM

when I graduated high-school, 100 years ago in 1994, and started working the grind, it was time for me to purchase my own car. I knew I wanted a GM, having come from a GM family, and I knew it had to be a V-8 rear wheel drive car (2 door coupe of course). All the trendy @$$holes of that era were driving some form of Camaro or Firebird or Corvette (those guys are the worst) and I knew that wasn't the route I wanted to take. after looking thru Autotrader after Autotrader I decided on the unflabable G-body (that's what Montes/Grand Prix were at the time). after about a month of looking I settled on a low-mile, modestly priced, mint condition, loaded to the gills black '86 Monte Carlo SS! that car was the best! it beat 305 TunePort IROC Camaro's and TransAms among other things, handled like a champ and looked good doing it. as the years went by 2 other '86 Monte LS's came and went, the last one being wrecked around late '97. On January of this year I was flipping thru the Autotrader again and I came across a really sharp 2 door coupe that I couldn't identify with nice wheels and a ground f/x kit. I thought "man, that's nice. what the h377 is it?" looking closer I realized it was....a '98 Monte Z34! I heard the siren's song and I answered. I went out the next day and bought it on the spot. even with all the updates and modification since the '86's I felt right at home as soon as I hit the drivers seat. who says you can't go home again?

Old 05-16-2009, 04:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
The Monte Carlo's to me are
super touring coupe's, with decent power that
can seat 5 people/friends in comfort.
Don't forget the large trunk! You can seat at least 5 people/ enemies in the trunk (not so comfortable)!

Old 07-08-2010, 05:37 PM

Why? Look at it. Most beautiful car gm has put out for a reasonable price in a long time.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Default why I bought my MC....?

Why I bought my Monte Carlo.........?

Any questions.......?

Old 07-11-2010, 07:40 AM

Needed a 2nd car, so went out car shopping for used cars.... after several comparisons and checking all the reviews on this car, was sold on it! Very solid, positive reviews, I did not want a 4 cyl used car, the V6 and 3800 was another reason.... plus I was a big fan of the Buick Grand National's when I was younger, and well, won't find many of those anymore

Old 07-11-2010, 08:59 AM

Well at first I was looking at this used supercharged Cobalt SS and was genuinely set on buying it, but a guy I know was getting rid of his 2000 Monte SS with 80K on it for $5,000 flat which was a steal by any means of the word. Today? I'd probably buy another one. It may not be the fastest thing on the road, but it rides smooth as silk, looks great when cleaned up, and has fished more head-turns and compliments than I could imagine after a little bit of time and effort put into it.

Quick Reply: Why did You buy a Monte Carlo ?