General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Why did you ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 07:58 PM
Default RE: Why did you ?

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

*Mickey, No money left for mod's @ present, but I'm happy the
price of gas this morning was down to $2.19 a gal. : )
I'm saving for Tint/Tips/Body Side Molding. "Giving up 2 Get &
Giving up 2 Keep" . Peace[/b]`Space
What do you have at the end of the pipes now? Any tips at all, or do they just come straight out?

Old 10-08-2006, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Bigg J, They just come staight out. RAW Tail pipe....
GM is cutting corners everywhere : (.
Below [:-] A pic of the MC Rear & The Manaflow Tips I'm saving for : )
Wish U a `Happy
`Space : )

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/ABDC7EF1B0A44078AAF91ECAAFCBD16D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/FABCA26238AE4FF19813985163CD82F8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-09-2006, 06:23 PM

i like those, right now i have no tips on mine. when i was state side i looked three or four times for them and found some i liked but nobody had the right size to fit it at the time and here it is a better chance of winning th elotto then finding them here

When i get back i will have to see what i can come up with . I do want to have somethign there.

Old 10-11-2006, 02:51 PM

Mickey, I also like this manaflow tip & I've learned
it pays to get stainless steel tips for durability. Just
wait until you get back to the land of plenty : ) Wish
you & yours a Safe Trip.
`Space

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/5682761E4EC0426EA30638921D4F250F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/09510B994F6142AD8EB9B6FB75DA6EC4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-11-2006, 04:29 PM

that is actually the plan right now .
Thanks for the kind thoughts

Old 11-08-2006, 11:51 PM

well first off i've always been a chevy guy. my first truck was a 85 gmc swb puckup. i drove that while i was restoring my 76 chevy. after the 3 yr restoration i had one of the baddest trucks in town. i love my truck but after 3 yrs of driving it and tired of payin for gas in a 8-10 mpg truck i decided to go car shopping. keep in mind i still live at home w/ dad and step mom. i knew i couldn't afford anything over $17,000.i shoped for 3 months. only thing i liked was the 06 ss s/c cobalt. but it was over 19,000 (gms). i had glanced at a few monte's but never really looked. i had kept my eye on one monte that i like at a used dealer. last week i was so fed up with car shoping and salesmen. so i decided to just test drive the monte. went to the dealer and what do you know. it had left 2 hrs before to go to auction. i knew i liked the car so i called a buddy of mine who was a dealer and told him about the car. auction day i get a phone call at work. he found the car and would keep an eye on it. an hour later he calls back and tells me he bought it for $17,200. i wend strait to the bank after work. i cant complain the dealer wanted $19,000. not to mention i got the 04 monte i wanted w/ only 24,000 miles and still under factory waranty. and thats how i got my monte. now the fun part. how custom can i get my daily driver. lol. stereo was finished tonight and airbox is tomorrow. sorry so long.

Old 11-09-2006, 01:20 AM

Hey Space where is your monte carlo lt badge that's supposed to be on your trunk on the left side?

Old 11-09-2006, 04:24 PM

ORIGINAL: cain45
Hey Space where is your monte carlo lt badge that's supposed to be on your trunk on the left side?
Hi James, when I got my MC the letters were put on at an angle. I debadged
the rear & side GM Emblems. My dealer ordered me new ones, but I am going
to leave them off for now. You have an eye for detail. EnJoy your Monte.
`space

Old 11-09-2006, 04:42 PM

i am 18 right now and my 03 SS is my second vehicle. When i was 16 i had my heart set on a blazer, it had to be a 2 door sport. well after a few jobs and a big loan i made it happen, my dad co signed for me since my mom said she would not have anything to do with it (gotta love dads for that kind of stuff) i bought it from a shifty little dealership and all seemed fine for the first 3000 km's i had it, then all hell broke lose. It was constantly in the shop, within 1 year of owning it it cost me over 1800 in repairs including tranny (which the dealership paid most for), power steering pump, winsheild wiper motor and rad. So fine, **** happens. Then my older brother took it to the city for a weekend, came home with a broken bumper which he paid for. Then 3 weeks later, my friend and i were cruising down some old country roads in my blazer and his 86 jeep commacnhe (god i love that thing ha ha), he tried being a hero and passing me, but he didnt see my blinker was on, his commanche rocked the front passenger side of my baby. i had to get towed b/c the tired was locked up, all his truck had wrong was a dent in the driver side quarter panel. Lol, steel Vs fiberglass. That was it, i was sick of having a lemon for a vehicle. i always liked monte's, i love the boxy rear end and i needed something to compete with my brothers 01 GTP special edition, the monte was my best bet. and i havent looked back, payments are more than i wish they were, especially since i am in school and have other things to spend my money on, like a girlfriend with expensive taste. my family is really big into vehicles, and being the youngest, i have to try and make my mark. next time i go home i will take some pics of what i have to compete with

Old 11-09-2006, 06:00 PM

Great story! Thanks, Spike. Looking forward to the pics.

Quick Reply: Why did you ?