General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Why did you ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Default RE: Why did you ?

My purchase was pretty cool. Just divorced from the wife for about 3 months and still driving my all options 01 Saturn. Surfing Nascar stuff on E-Bay and ran across the Intimidator. Sent a few emails about trading in my car and within 2 hours - Buy it now!

Road trip the next day from Wisconsin to Texas. Drove to pick up the dog from the ex for the next 2 weeks and watched her jaw drop as I pulled up the driveway. Her boyfriends dick shrivelled in awe. Picked up the dog and she was speechless the whole time. - PRICELESS!.

I will always have that image burned into my mind and it brings a smile every time.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:02 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I got the '06 LTZ cause we rented an '06 2LT to travel to Nashville back in june to the Monte Nats. We loved that car. [8D]

I hated to give it back to Avis.

So in september some time I was looking over the web site set up for UPS employees and found out we could get a discount on certain GM products. The ol gears started grinding away.

One aftenoon I picked up my father at the Mopar dealer. We were driving back into town and I mentioned the discount I could get on a GM car. How I wanted to own a new Monte. So he says give the Chevy dealer a try? When I got home I called the Chevy dealer and made an appointment with the saleslady to test drive an '06 3LT Monte they had. We also test drove the SS they had which sold me on buying an '06 Monte. Till she old me the payments.

So the girlfriend and I drive home empty handed. The saleslady says she will try to find me a car. In the meantime I did some searching myself. Another dealer offered me a used '06 LS with 4,000 miles on the clock. But they had no idea what the percentage rate of the loan was or who the loan was even with?

I was starting to get real fed up. And a third dealer offered me a 2LT Monte for $19,000 with 50 miles on it.

Then the local Chevy dealer found a used 3LT and LTZ that they purchased both cars.

I was planning on buying the 3LT cause of the payments but once again the parents helped me out. They had to buy my '86 LS cause at the time I couldn't afford to buy a 4th gen Monte.

So we've had the LTZ a month now and we love it.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Default RE: Why did you ? ? ?

I use to own a 98' GTP, which I had a lot of fun with. I fell in love with the 3800 series II motors and the potential which they have for power! I love the size and the feel of the car, it's not toy box like some imports and it still has that classic look to the overall design. As far as dislikes the 4T65E transmition could be a little stronger but overall it works fine.

Mods
01' SS Black
Work in progress
-bored over .020
-Diamond dish pistons
-new heads
1.89" intake, 1.55" exhaust valves.
Factory-hardened exhaust seats left intact. No need for special fuel additives!
Viton valve seals
1.80" installed spring height
Clearanced for lifts up to .650
4 angle intake valve seats
Full radius exhaust valve seats
-zzp fuel rail
-42.5 lucus injectors
-desert fox transmission cooler

Working on finding a power adder that I like, as well as suspension. I am thinking KYB adjustables with Spring performance rally springs. Just enough drop to look good and yet last forever. And eventually my baby needs a bottle, Holley wet N20 system. Had it on my GP and loved the instant power, plus it got a lot of looks when you purge it!!!

Old 11-10-2006, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Spike/Mike, looking forward to seeing pic's of your `Monte,
kewl post.

Dan, Your post was PRICELESS, thanks 4 sharing.

R.J. our Winner of November Monte of the Month. Glad you found
your `Monte....It's a rare one....4-$ure.

Jason- Fox, let us know if you put a bottle on your `Monte. WoW &
please let us know your ET & Speed.[8D]

Safe/Happy Miles
`Space

Old 11-27-2006, 03:58 PM

I have a 2007 Monte Carlo SS on order. This will be my 4th in a row. I have not had any problems with the cars, and they are very comfortable to drive on long runs. Although the coupe means you have that big door to contend with. it sure is a lot easier to get in and out of from a drivers standpoint. I had a 99 Pontiac Grand Prix and i whacked my knees and my head numerous times trying to squeeze into the small drivers door. I assume this will be a problem with all "New Generation" 4 door cars. Full size cars today are not what they used tp be, and putting 4 doors on them means they have to be pretty small doors.

The most important reason I drive a Monte is the "WOW" factor. There insn't a car on the road that attracts the attention my Monte Carlo's have generated. Complete strangers will walk right up to you and want to talk about the car, or will comment on how nice it is. I personally don't know why Chevy doesn't sell a million of them. For one thing, it sure seems Chey is trying to keep them a secret because you don't see any adds at all for them. Its no wonder sales numbers are low, if the Monte had half the advertising dollars spent on it as are spent on Camrys / Nissans / Fusion etc. the sales I'm sure would be higher. For some reason, Chevy doesn't seem to want to promote the line. This I can't figure out.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:58 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'd love to find a decent 2000 to maybe 2003 Monte to buy for my girlfriend.

She wants one of the Nascar edition Montes with the Nascar flag decal on the sides.

She's been driving the same car for about 4 years now and I'd like to get hr in something with a little more class. [8D]

Old 11-27-2006, 09:05 PM

i let u take over the payments on mine its an 03 ss

Old 11-28-2006, 02:01 AM

I just retired in July and I was looking to get the Pontiac GTO or the Chevy SSR but no 07 model for them so I got myself a 07 Monte SS and I haven't look back since.

Old 12-15-2006, 10:20 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Monte SS
I just retired in July and I was looking to get the Pontiac GTO or the Chevy SSR but no 07 model for them so I got myself a 07 Monte SS and I haven't look back since.
Hi Ron, Post some pic's of your `Monte SS & give us your review on
what you like or don't like about it. Safe/Happy miles to you...
`Space

Old 12-16-2006, 02:48 AM

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

My purchase was pretty cool. Just divorced from the wife for about 3 months and still driving my all options 01 Saturn. Surfing Nascar stuff on E-Bay and ran across the Intimidator. Sent a few emails about trading in my car and within 2 hours - Buy it now!

Road trip the next day from Wisconsin to Texas. Drove to pick up the dog from the ex for the next 2 weeks and watched her jaw drop as I pulled up the driveway. Her boyfriends dick shrivelled in awe. Picked up the dog and she was speechless the whole time. - PRICELESS!.

I will always have that image burned into my mind and it brings a smile every time.
I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE!!! That sounds like such sweet vindication!!! Congrats on that. Great story.

Quick Reply: Why did you ?