General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Why did you ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 01:32 AM
Default RE: Why did you ?

I saw the back end of this car and i new then that that was going to be my first car that was when i was about 14. two years later and alot of saving and working during the summer i got my 2000 SS from ebay for a great price. my dad and brother had always worked on cars (69 dodge dart swinger 340 four speed) and they told me it was a solid car so i went for it since i got it i have always been trying to do anything to it that i can. first thing i did was Cold air intake then a new deck and subs, just recently started to paint interior (thanks mikey for info) hopefully for X-mas i will be getting headers and and new exhaust i now like to go out with my friends and there cars one has a nissan sentra ser spec v with alot of mods and this thing is quick then another friend has a 1998 mustang GT so know on weekends we all go cruzing I STILL SAY MY MONTE IS THE BEST THERE IS IN TOWN I LOVE MY MONTE

Old 08-29-2006, 02:48 AM

ORIGINAL: 2000_BLACK_SS

I saw the back end of this car and i new then that that was going to be my first car that was when i was about 14. two years later and alot of saving and working during the summer i got my 2000 SS from ebay for a great price. my dad and brother had always worked on cars (69 dodge dart swinger 340 four speed) and they told me it was a solid car so i went for it since i got it i have always been trying to do anything to it that i can. first thing i did was Cold air intake then a new deck and subs, just recently started to paint interior (thanks mikey for info) hopefully for X-mas i will be getting headers and and new exhaust i now like to go out with my friends and there cars one has a nissan sentra ser spec v with alot of mods and this thing is quick then another friend has a 1998 mustang GT so know on weekends we all go cruzing I STILL SAY MY MONTE IS THE BEST THERE IS IN TOWN I LOVE MY MONTE

dont thank me your doing the hard work! LOL

I just let ya know how to do it. nothing to hard about that at all. just post some photos of it so we can all see your progress.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:45 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

Hi R.J. & welcome 2 the Forum.
EnJoyed reading your post & U R lucky 2
have parents that help. Post some pic's when
you can.....Safe/Happy miles 2 U

`SpaceRider

Hi SpaceRider,

I haven't been on the site for a while. Too busy going to car shows and cruise ins. Not to mention work!

Like a lot of people I have a site on CarDomain for our Montes.
Our Montes

I have two other web sites on CarDomain, here's one of them.
Toys

Old 09-24-2006, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/707ABD56F4BE43E685DBF5D74E7FD55A.jpg[/IMG]
[b]

Old 10-07-2006, 08:21 AM

[center] [:-]More Details & Infor on 2006 MC[:-]
[b]2006 MONTE CARLO: A NEW LOOK FOR AN ON-TRACK WINNER
Source: GM Media

The aggressively styled 2006 Chevy Monte Carlo heats up the sizzling mid-car segment with enhanced premium-quality features, racing-inspired styling, a new family of powerful engines, as well as thoughtful attention to detail. A new look for the front and rear fascias – including bold headlamps and taillamps – is complemented by revised suspension systems that deliver comfortable, quiet and more confident ride and handling characteristics. These new ingredients improve on an already popular recipe for driving satisfaction.

Monte Carlo draws on a rich NASCAR stock car racing legacy – the most successful nameplate in the sport’s history – to offer one of the industry’s only true midsize personal coupes. The vehicle has remained true to the roots of style and performance established at its introduction in 1970.

“For ’06, Monte Carlo delivers more of the performance and style demanded by customers, but with an increased emphasis on comfort, roominess and driving manners,†said Brent Dewar, General Motors North America vice president of marketing and advertising . “We fine-tuned the details to deliver a value-driven vehicle that delivers unexpected refinement.â€

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/9BFF4F32F7994EC99A8CB7F38ADD6D69.jpg[/IMG]
A new family of premium-feature V-6 engines is available in LS, LT and LTZ models, including a 211-horsepower (157 kw) 3500 3.5L V-6 and an available 3900 3.9L V-6 that uses variable valve timing and variable intake technology to help deliver 242 horsepower (180 kw) and 242 lb.-ft. (328 Nm) of torque.* The muscular Monte Carlo SS has a new 5.3L small-block V-8 that’s good for 303 horsepower (226 kw) and 323 lb.-ft. (438 Nm) of torque. The 5.3L V-8 uses Displacement on Demand technology to regulate between eight-cylinder and four-cylinder operation, providing up to 8 percent improved fuel economy in certain driving conditions.

All engines are matched to the Hydra-Matic 4T65-E four-speed automatic transmission. This smooth shifting transmission is renowned for its durability and strength with high-torque engines. The version mated with the 5.3L V-8 is enhanced to match the engine’s increased torque output.

Highlights for the 2006 Monte Carlo include:
All-new family of 3.5L and 3.9L V-6 engines in LS, LT and LTZ models
Standard 5.3L small-block V-8 with Displacement on Demand technology in SS model
Hydra-Matic 4T65-E four-speed automatic transmission mated to all engines; enhanced version used with 5.3L V-8
Modified exterior styling with bold headlamps and taillamps
Retuned suspensions with wider front track
New family of 16-, 17- and 18-inch wheels and tires
Enhanced ABS and traction control
Revised interior with high-quality attention to detail, including improved seat upholstery stitching, low-gloss IP components and jewel-like IP details
High-quality Nuance Sandstone leather seating (available)
New family of audio systems
Standard dual-stage frontal air bags
Available side seat-mounted air bags for front passengers ( Monte Carlo )
Factory-installed remote vehicle starter available
Standard OnStar
Design details
Monte Carlo has a revised look, both inside and out. The exterior features large headlamps that have a premium, jeweled appearance with three independent lighting units. These details complement other high-quality attributes to provide an overall feeling of solidity. Also, new, flat-blade windshield wipers are used to provide consistent pressure on the glass, which helps eliminate streaking and wind noise. All models receive a sporty rear spoiler.

The Monte Carlo SS has a distinct front-end appearance, with a dual-split grille that has a black-diamond crosshatch pattern. The rear spoiler is unique, too, suggesting the purposefulness of NASCAR spoilers. Cor

Old 10-07-2006, 05:01 PM

Well I was driving a 4 door Blazer. I had invested quite a bit in it. New rims/tires, safari bar and kc lights for it, cd player/amp/12s, jet chip, new intake and exhaust system. After all this I just wasnt satisfied with it anymore. I had gotten it when my son was a small baby. Easy to get the car seat in and out of. Well he is 6 now and able to hop in the back seat and buckle himself in. I started looking for a 01-02 Z28/SS or Ws6 Firebird. I had my local dealer looking for me one and it had been about a month or 2. I checked back with him and he said he had not luck with finding any in good shape with low miles at the auctions. I noticed the SS Intimidator on the lot and checked it out. It was (and still is!) clean and fast. Looked sharp. One of the main selling points for me was the gas mileage it got too. So after driving it for almost 3 months I am very happy with it. Only complaint, I wish it had seat coolers instead of heaters.

This is my second favorite car I have owned, the first being my 91 Camaro RS with a 305 V8 and T-tops.

Old 10-07-2006, 07:41 PM

Congrats on the upgrade, Space!!

Old 10-07-2006, 08:35 PM

belive me dont think i havent tried to figure out how to kool the seats and heat lol

just need to put a pump to pump the fluid and you could run it threw the ac vent to cool the liquid down LOL

i have even thought of the water kooling systems on teh computers lol

NICE COLOR SPACE!!! LIKE THE NEW CAR!!!

I think it needs black head lights lol
oh and a cowl hood, lowerd and a bad assed sound system
but all comes with time. nice ride bro

Old 10-08-2006, 11:22 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey
NICE COLOR SPACE!!! LIKE THE NEW CAR!!!

I think it needs black head lights lol
oh and a cowl hood, lowerd and a bad assed sound system
but all comes with time. nice ride bro
Thanks Bigg J (Jason) & Mickey for your post.
I really love my new (used) ride & I love the color. I just wish that I had more
time to drive it. If you get the chance,
drive one with a 3.9. There are some super deals on 2006 Monte's.
Unfortunately there is a big lose in value as soon as it's driven
off the dealers lot, but that made it possible for me to get a
super deal on a low mile certified used one & it also helped
that the used car manager is my best friends father.
He already had a buyer for my super/clean 05LT : ) I've seen 06 base
models for $12K & LTZ's for $16K : (.

*Mickey, No money left for mod's @ present, but I'm happy the
price of gas this morning was down to $2.19 a gal. : )
I'm saving for Tint/Tips/Body Side Molding. "Giving up 2 Get &
Giving up 2 Keep" . Peace
`Space

Old 10-08-2006, 07:12 PM

man i cant wait to see gas under 3.00 a gal. it will be like moving back in time LOL

We are still at 3.20 a gal. at least till the 15th if the prices keep falling we might see them drop up to .60 a gal. that would be kool as hell means you can affored to get some gas in teh car again .

Congrats again.

We say what TX being the site of the Monte carlo meet for our fourm? LOL

Summer of 08!!!
That would be kool as hell to!!

Quick Reply: Why did you ?