General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Why did You ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Default ...Why I bought one......

I have always liked the styling of the last two generations of MC's. I always had it in the back
of my mind that if ... and if, I could afford one someday that I would try to get one.
I just couldn't decide on the color and like "MAMONTE" I don't really care for
silver either (except for the ground affects ). My first choice of color is the Laser Blue metallic
with Neutral interior. And I have always dreamed of owning a Chevy SS.

(By the way there is one STILL FOR SALE IN lower PA somewhere.
Private $15500.00. A beautiful car ! Go to autotrader.)

I could never find one around here or close enough to Arkansas that I liked.
It seems ALL the MC's are up north ? Unh ?
But after much searching and web browsing I finally found one that I could
settle with and AFFORD. And I love it ! I get several compliments on it and have
enjoyed the time that I have had with it. My girlfriend even likes the heated seats.
If you can attain or live a dream...Go for it !

Last edited by nascar43; 01-04-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:02 PM

i have always loved montes, and when the time came that i could afford a nice car i got one. i own an 07 LT[12,900] with the cream leather interior, and it didnt hurt that it was black. i bought it with 16k, and now a year later still love the car and its almost paid off. let the modding begin.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:04 PM

also the pictures are coming i feel so bad to post pics with it covered in snow. it brings tears to my eyes not having a garage.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:44 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

well everyone knows about my car, back in 03 before i could drive the local chevy dealer had a SS Jeff Gordon Monte, which i instantly fell in love with, it was like no other car with the ghost flames, as i was looking at it i told my dad someday ill own one, well in dec of 05 the local body shop got this 03 SS Jeff Gordon car completly trashed LF wheel gone rolled over, well they were planing on fixing it but it nvr happend well i graduated in 06 my parents gave me some $$ for a down payment on a newer car as my SVT Focus was having major problems, well after looking for a new car for a while & not finding anything i went to the body shop asked how much for it he told me 1500 i said 1000 cash he took it i had it hauled home, & did my parents freak out, well i started on it & ran outta money & the car set for a year than my parents decided to pay to finish it & finally in May of 08 the car saw the road again, than in Jan 09 the car was again a road worthy car & it has sense beccome my daily driver untill the GMC gets fixed if ever, & i love every minute of driving it, & ive loved this exact model ever sense 2003

Old 01-04-2010, 06:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

ha honestly i dont know the true reason why i decided to get/drive a monte carlo. There are a couple reasons that I can kind of think of. Well obviously the fact that my race car is an 86 ss automatically drew me in to them. Umm always been a fan of nascar for as long as i can remember and always loved jeff gordan and dale senior when i was younger and they drove monte carlos. My dad loves the monte carlo and had a lot of the 3rd and 4th gens back in his street racing days. And ths first time I remember seeing a 6th gen monte carlo was at my dad's shop...there were two of them that i remember, a red pace car edition that a young guy owned and a regular silver ls that a friend of ours owned...needless to say that i fell in love with them right away once i discovered what they were. I'm sure I probably noticed them before that time i saw those two, but thats the time that stuck with me the most. I know strange and random decisions but it works lol so yeah i remember seeing a silver and black one on the street one day and i told my dad that that was the one that i wanted or a dale earnhardt edition and we got lucky and found a black and silver 04 with low miles on it about a year and a half ago and my love for them just keeps growing

Old 01-04-2010, 09:35 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was driving a '93 Silverado when I hit the road in October '05, and drove that truck to school and back and to work until March of '06, my parents matched what I would put in a car. I wanted somethign a little different than everyone else had, and looked at Mustangs and Camaro's, but they were too popular. I was the different guy at school and had to have a different car!! I had a "cowboy" look (hence the name) and my mom kept trying to convince me to buy a truck, but I'm not too fond of trucks, and I was already driving one!! I wanted a car!!! (side note, I had more luck with the trucks than I ever had with my car... o'well, danged redneck girls). The Monte Carlo ended up being the answer!! I found this one from a private seller in Raleigh, and for $9500, it was mine! 24,000 miles and 2 years, 9 months later, I'm still rolling around in it!!!!!

Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ever since 2000 i loved monte carlos, i had always wished my dad would buy one so i could ride in it and be like jeff gordon.

eventually he bought one, then i got in my truck accident and totalled out the truck and was left with nothing

so i put down an offer to my dad and he said alright, since he didnt drive much and would be going to a town and country, and my mom would get a new trail blazer..

im definately satisfied

Old 01-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

i'm getting me a truck and heading south, later pittsburgh!! i hate the cold anyways!!

Old 01-05-2010, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
i'm getting me a truck and heading south, later pittsburgh!! i hate the cold anyways!!

?
Why did you buy your Monte Carlo ?
Are you going to tow your Monte Carlo to the `South ?
Good Luck

Thanks EveryOne for posting & sharing your
reasons why your purchased and drive the
AweSome Chevrolet Monte Carlo.
We've enjoyed reading your reasons,

Thanks

Old 01-05-2010, 07:17 AM

Had a 95 Z34 that I sold to a co-worker who was moving out of state (mid 2002). Sold it mostly because I heard about some headaches with the 3.4 DOHC engine (friend had a 93 Lumina Z34). Ever since I regretted selling the car but had my truck. Lost my local job got a new one in Columbia and had to commute 70 miles a day, 17.5 mpgs weren't going to get it done. Started looking for a commuter car, researched the ones I could afford, came here read a lot of post changed my search from a commuter car to a 2000+ SS. Found one in the Upstate of SC like I wanted and had my local dealer bring it down and have enjoyed it ever since.

Quick Reply: Why did You ?