General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Who here bouth their Monte brand new/slightly used and why?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 08:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
Nice! When you say her dream car was always a Monte did you mean like the earlier Montes or the Lumina Carlo type? Or just a Monte Carlo in general?
Older Montes originally, but I don't think she ever hated one. We even had a 95 lumina

Old 06-04-2012, 08:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Not really sure what made me want a Monte so bad, but there was this girl in my school I really didn't like and her mom had given her her Monte when she was in 10th grade and I was a freshman. I was so jelous and I knew I wanted to get one. My junior year I finally had some $ saved up and I was going to get one (didn't have a lot of $ but I was going to find one. ) but then I came home from school and my boyfriend told me we were going on a drive and drive 3 1/2 hours away and he bought me the red Monte I had been looking at. I was so ecstatic, but we bought it at night and when we got it home we realized the rear bumper was screwed up along with the rims, fender, and front bumper. But I was so happy to have that car I didn't care! Lol

Now he's lookin good and totally different then when I first got him and I'm planning on keeping him for a long time!

Old 06-04-2012, 09:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I bought mine out of necessity:

After my wreck in 1997 and all the rehab..I needed something I could easily get in and out of...

Being an above knee amputee leaves a lot to be desired...A Van wasnt practical, a pickup was a little difficult to get in and out of...i looked a buicks and fords....

But the Montes doors seem to open wide enough for me to easily get in and out of....

So, I figured if im gonna get a Monte Why not get the performance model? (Z-34)
Lumina wasnt my cup of tea...

So since the Monte Was the popular style in NASCAR.....I went for it and ordered it with all the Bells and Whistles......Includeing a sound system Body Kit etc....

And since I am a diehard Chevy Fan it seemed to be the Likely Choice...
13 yrs later and im still very happy with it....

Did i Happen to mention it now has 164,000 miles on it and still runs,rides, and drives like new!

Thats why I bought Mine.....

Old 06-04-2012, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by 70monte1
I've had a first generation Monte Carlo since 1987. I bought my 2004 Dale Jr in Dec, 2009. I was looking for a car that had the 3800 V6 since my ex-wife and I had a 98 GP GT that I loved and I always liked the power and durability of this engine.

I found this car in the local Car finder and looked at it. It had 87,800 miles on it and was a one owner car. I finally broke down and bought it. I don't drive it much. It has 98,000 miles on it now. I like the car but don't really love it. Ever since my fiance bought a 2007 Mustang GT, I want something with a V8. Her Mustang gets 24mpg just like my Supercharged Monte does.

My house will be paid off next year, so a newer V8 performance car may be in my future.

Wayne
I'm all for V8s too but I don't think...unless it was a Challenger lol that I could trade my Monte for one. I love the body lines and of course the 3800 engine. I haven't driven mine much either but I suppose its because I've been hooked on driving my truck more and looking around at bigger trucks lol. I do enjoy driving it though just paranoied somehting will happen to it.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Older Montes originally, but I don't think she ever hated one. We even had a 95 lumina
I love the 70 model I mean I originally got into Montes from the 6th Gens but after I learned more about them the 70ish models grew on me. I almost bought a penny/copper colored 74 Monte witht he swivl seats, but they sold it the day they were suppose to let me come look at it I have to say my opinions been slightly swayed after joining the Forum the 5th gens have grown on me a lot.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ashley.Marie
Not really sure what made me want a Monte so bad, but there was this girl in my school I really didn't like and her mom had given her her Monte when she was in 10th grade and I was a freshman. I was so jelous and I knew I wanted to get one. My junior year I finally had some $ saved up and I was going to get one (didn't have a lot of $ but I was going to find one. ) but then I came home from school and my boyfriend told me we were going on a drive and drive 3 1/2 hours away and he bought me the red Monte I had been looking at. I was so ecstatic, but we bought it at night and when we got it home we realized the rear bumper was screwed up along with the rims, fender, and front bumper. But I was so happy to have that car I didn't care! Lol

Now he's lookin good and totally different then when I first got him and I'm planning on keeping him for a long time!
Very nice!! I don't really have the money right now to buy my girlfriend a car like that but when my trucks paid for I offered to help her find a nice Monte and help pay for it and she basically said no thanks she thinks they're ok but she HATES 2 doors says she needs 4 for when she had kids which would be a ways a way from now lol but hey to each their own.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
I bought mine out of necessity:

After my wreck in 1997 and all the rehab..I needed something I could easily get in and out of...

Being an above knee amputee leaves a lot to be desired...A Van wasnt practical, a pickup was a little difficult to get in and out of...i looked a buicks and fords....

But the Montes doors seem to open wide enough for me to easily get in and out of....

So, I figured if im gonna get a Monte Why not get the performance model? (Z-34)
Lumina wasnt my cup of tea...

So since the Monte Was the popular style in NASCAR.....I went for it and ordered it with all the Bells and Whistles......Includeing a sound system Body Kit etc....

And since I am a diehard Chevy Fan it seemed to be the Likely Choice...
13 yrs later and im still very happy with it....

Did i Happen to mention it now has 164,000 miles on it and still runs,rides, and drives like new!

Thats why I bought Mine.....
Totally understand that a vans not exactly a styling machine, and the truck would be pretty tough to get in and out of given your situation. I'm glad you found something thats both nice looking and reliable that turned out great. And I agree with you if you're going to get one why not get the top model the z34

Old 06-04-2012, 10:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Thanks! blackrain....I knew i made a good choice...If i didnt buy a Monte...I guess I would have never found this "GREAT" forum to hangout in? What a great bunch of guys and gals here!as well as Info..

Old 06-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

The Deuce ws a virgin when I got her back in March of 2006

Old 06-04-2012, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Thanks! blackrain....I knew i made a good choice...If i didnt buy a Monte...I guess I would have never found this "GREAT" forum to hangout in? What a great bunch of guys and gals here!as well as Info..
Same here I was searching for some help on something with my LS and ended up finding the Forum. Loved it ever since! And I always love seeing other peoples Montes

Quick Reply: Who here bouth their Monte brand new/slightly used and why?