General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Where does your monte sleep?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Default RE: Where does your monte sleep?

well since we have finally gotten rid or some of the junk in the garage my car now goes in it along with my moms buick...there is still to much junk for my dad to get his truck into the garage wit the car...hopefully he never realizes that i jsut keep bringin junk home so his truck doesnt fit whoops dont tell him lol

Old 12-07-2007, 04:22 AM

Mine is sleeping at the dealership ... [:@] Damn, mechanics are probably messing with my radio again when they should be working on my car ...

When not at the dealership my car sleeps outside in the cold ...

Old 12-07-2007, 10:54 PM

Both MC's now sleep in the garage. The F-150 now sleeps outside. Had a heater in the garage, but never insulated it and the wife read somewhere that heating a garage causes the corrosion from road salt to be like 50% worse on your car(WTF?) So after that, my plans to heat it were pretty much over, so I sold the heater. All you married guys know that sometimes it's easier to just give up on something, than to argue about it forever, LOL. Wish it was heated, because now that winter is here Roxanne looks awful cold with only the car cover to keep her warm, LOL. Hope to put a woodburner in and insulate it in the next couple of years, though.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:34 PM

ORIGINAL: mad717
the wife read somewhere that heating a garage causes the corrosion from road salt to be like 50% worse on your car(WTF?)
well ur wife is actually right...not only does heat speed up the corrosion process that the salt causes (gotta love winter) but below a certain temp (i cannot remember the temp) the "salt" used by many states will notoxidize the metal of your car...one of the good things about the cold

Old 12-08-2007, 09:20 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

SEE..... your wife is looking out for you and your car after all mad....

Is your Chevy so bad it has to have a blanket to keep warm or else it gets upset? I think tis a Ford disquised as a Chevy.. better look out. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 12-08-2007, 09:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Mine sleeps in the driveway until I go up to school then it will sit in the Wyotech dorm parking lot. This is the first winter this car will see since the PO babied it its whole life, which explains the 34000 miles.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:39 AM

Mine's in our two-car garage 365 days a year. I'm really lucky (so far) in that my wife lets me drive her 02 PT Cruiser Limited (27K miles) when the roads are crappy, as they have been for a week around here. Until recently, she assumed that the SS was rear wheel drive, so that may change. [&o]

Old 12-16-2007, 07:47 PM

My Betty has to chill in the drive way with three other micro cars that belong to my German neighbors. We moved here to Germany for the next four years becuase of the AirForce. She won't fit into the stupid garage we have let alone be able to open the door and get out. I can't believe the amount of other Montes I see over here though. I'll make sure and let them know about this site.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:34 PM

In an enclosed carport with a car cover.Makes it easier to keep clean after the high winds,snow flurries,etc.
Doug

Quick Reply: Where does your monte sleep?