General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Where does your monte sleep?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Default RE: Where does your monte sleep?

In the garage of course, that's heated & cooled. Here soon it's going away so I don't give a crap where it sleeps.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:35 AM

Well, while I'm in college it is usually parked out in the Suites parking lot that only has one entry/exit, so there's not too much traffic. Every once in a while I'll park out on the street where I can see the Monte from my room up on the 7th floor. When I go home I usually get the garage, along with dad's Camaro. Dad puts his '03 Sierra in there when I'm gonna, but it gets kicked outside when I'm back. Rather strange, we have six vehicles now, but only room to cover two of them.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey Wayne...
The Olds Ninety Eight. I'm guessing a 1980? It looks in mint condition. I've never seen a two door Olds Ninety Eight. Didn't realize they made 2-door models. My neighbour used to have a 1980 Olds Eighty Eight. The front end looks very similar to your Olds. Nice car.

Since I don't have a garage, or access to one, Dale Jr. sits in my driveway year round.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:37 AM

I'm very lucky, I have a 3 car attached garage, so she sleeps soundly inside every night. When we built our house, that was one thing I insisted on, was the 3 car garage. For that matter, it's even oversized, 28' deep, by about 42' wide. Guess what, it's still full of stuff. The more room you have, the more stuff you can save, because of course, "I might need that item sometime", and because you have the room lets keep it.

Of course, when the day comes when you need it, you forgot you have it, and go buy a new one. Should have built a 4 car garage i guess, then I could have kept more junk I don't need.

I did make a promise to myself, that the vehicles always have priority, and never will they be left outside.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:22 PM

on the street. i can see it from my bedroom window. i live in a quiet community with mostly older folk. never heard of any vehicles being stolen in my neighbourhood. good old passlock would stop em from driving it away. but the alarm on my car would wake me up anyway

Old 12-06-2007, 12:44 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That big red thing setting behind the Montes. My parents got tired of all the cars in the driveway (that belonged to me) so they built the barn. It has heat somewhat and if I want cooling I turn on the fan & open the windows.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:42 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Laserblue06ss

We have a 3 bay attached garage,complete with workbench,refrigerator,air compressor,every kind of tool and jack possible,and a heater for the winter months.It is my favorite room in the house.It also has automatic doors,so I just push the Monte's button for the door I want and in she goes.
Sounds alittle like my garage LOL. Only differnece is we have a lift - so it's a 4 car garage. My Monte is stored in my parents garage under it's cover for the winter months so my Mini Cooper S (my every day car) gets the garage space durning the winter.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:00 PM

Mine use to sit in the garage next to the 67 Stang, now I'm in the driveway to make room for the 66.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Driveway....the FJ1200 gets the Garage.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:03 PM

I just recently moved in the garage after my dad retired and doesnt drive his FJ Cruiser any more.
He let me keep monte inside so the windows dont get frost on them at night.

Quick Reply: Where does your monte sleep?