General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Where did you buy YOUR monte?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 08:48 AM

I have a 1999 MC Z34. I bought it in Oct 2009. I was looking for a cheap daily driver. I didn't have a particular make or model in mind. Came across this Monte on Craigslist that had 86,000 miles and was listed for $3,000. It was in great shape and ran well. Here's the crazy part of the story - I was supposed to look at the car on a Tuesday night. That day, someone backed a truck into the drivers side of the car while the owner was at work. He was like "You're not going to believe this, but..." I told him I'd still be interested - assuming the repairs were acceptable. It came out great - you can't tell it was hit. So, now it's mine.

Last edited by JaxJim; 05-11-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:42 AM

Craigslist and a road trip... went with 1500 dollars... left with a monte and 200

Just to make the story more interesting, I sold my old car I had for 8 years and went through a lot with for a car I dreamed of owning for a while... 87 fiero gt.
the owner of the fiero backed out a week after I sold my car, so I had hunted, called in a bunch of favors.... one night right before I went to bed I just figured, 8t would be nice to have another monte carlo like my first car... so I looked it up and there it was for 1700

Last edited by augi; 05-11-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

So what made me want a 6th gen Monte was I work for a trucking Company and we had a Lowe's opening up in Bend Or. and I had moved a ton of loads in to the location for all the construction Company and some of the loads for Lowe's Its self and One of the loads was 4 Cars and my driver told me that I had to come down to see what they were.
I met him at 11 pm at night at Lowe's and He had 1 Jimmy J sprint cup car and 1 6 th gen Jimmy J tribute car 1 Jeff Gordan sprint cup car and his limited ed. 6th gen car !! they looked great and I sat in the J.G. and knew that I wanted 1 at that point.
I saved up my money and sold my 1987 I-Roc and looked for like 3 months and found the one that I currently own and I would still like a J.G. one but there are not a ton of these out on the west coast but it is on my list still

Old 05-11-2011, 12:58 PM

I was driving around a 1990 Buick POS. Two weeks before I started college I got hit by a drunk driver and the accident totaled my car. I had to find rides from people to and from school and work for about two months. I paid a dealer to go to auctions to find me a monte. Ended up with my '06 LTZ. Only had 30k miles on it when I got it. Definitely worth the wait and being vehicle-less for two months.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Default bought mine.........

I bought mine from a dealer in Aurora MO (just over the AR/MO state line) through Autotrader. The dealer is Mayse GMC Pontiac Buick Chev. They were very helpful and I didn't feel like I was being ripped off. I got was asking for on a trade in. The previous owner took very good care of the car and I appreciate that.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:21 PM

Well back in Nov 08 was driving past a Local Family owned car lot and seen it parked in the corner and being a sucker for white chevy's I had to bust a U-turn and check it out. It took me 3 test drives in 3 weeks and I was sold. Traded in my 99 White Burban for it. Went from a 44 Gal tank to a 17 gal so i'm a pretty happy guy right now plus its white and still a chevy ! :O)

Old 05-11-2011, 07:31 PM

As a lover of Montes before I was even old enough to drive I already knew when I got my license what I wanted...4 months after my 16th bday my dad died in a horrible car crash...I was devastated and decided i didnt wanna drive...I waited til I was 23 before I went to get my license..The day i got it my mom took me all over heck and back looking for a monte...After a whole wasted day and finding nothing being discouraged and close to tears we got off the highway exit ramp to come home...And there sitting on the lawn was a blue 84 ss...the guy had just washed and waxed it and was putting a for sale sign on it..Stopped ...test drove it...bought it the next day...MY FIRST TRUE LOVE....even though its gone now...Due to a chick texting and driving...GRRRRRRR It will always be MY FIRST TRUE LOVE!

Old 05-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I went to a car lot to look at a Camaro they had advertised. As I walked up to it the Monte caught my eye, but I focused on the Camaro. After a test drive I realized the Camaro was in need of some mechanical repair, so I went home. That night I thought about that white Monte that had caught my eye, so I went back to the car lot the next day to look it over. After driving it to a friend's repair shop for a once over I decided I wanted to buy it. I called up a friend of mine that had shown interest in my Blazer, sold it to him and went back to the car lot a couple days later and put a healthy down payment on the Monte and drove it home.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:40 PM

i was looking for a yellow one for a long while.....so when a one-owner came up on kijiji i was on the road for the 6 hr or so drive and i wasn't coming home without it

Old 05-13-2011, 12:01 PM

I was looking for a car to replace my 92 cavalier that was giving me trouble. I was looking for any car that had the 3800 V6 since my ex-wife and I had had a 98 Grand Prix GT with that engine and I had loved it.

One day I was looking at a local online car selling site and this 2004 Dale Jr SS was listed. I had already been looking at a few Monte Carlo's at local dealers and liked them. I met the lady's husband for a test drive and really liked how the car looked. On the test drive the front end shook a little, it had mismatched tires, and the intake was leaking oil. I went home and thought about it and did some research and found this forum and asked some questions. A lot of people on this forum said it was still a great deal so I arranged to look at the car again and decided to buy it. The car had 87,800 miles on it at the time.

She was asking $8,995 for it but I got her down to $8,500 because of the intake leak. Her and her ex-husband had bought this car new and when they got divorced the year before I bought it, she was awarded the car. The car had too many bad memories associated with it so she decided to sell it.

The car came with the original window sticker, numbered certificate, and the front filler plate with the 8 on it.

She told me her ex-husband just had to have this car because a friend of his had just bought a 2004 Dale Sr Intimidator model.

After I bought it, I gave it a full tuneup, replaced the tires, had a four wheel alignment done, and had the intake manifold gasket replaced. This year found out it had a bent wheel because the car still had a slight vibration in front so I bought a set of reproduction wheels that look like the originals. I just had a Borla Cat-back exhaust installed. I love the look and performance of the car and plan on keeping it for a long time.

Wayne

Last edited by 70monte1; 05-13-2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: added some info.

Quick Reply: Where did you buy YOUR monte?