General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Where did you buy YOUR monte?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 08:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Old 05-10-2011, 10:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Went to buy an Olds Alero I seen the night before and It was sold already so we left and an hour later the salesman called for us to look at a trade in from a sale, an old mans intrigue, brown and tan interior. On the test drive some old timers past us in the exact same car. We got back to the lot and they had just put the Monte on the lot. I told him to get the keys this was the car i was buying.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice stories, nobody telling any tall tales? Like "I won the Monte as winner of Jaegermeister drinking competition". Those would be inspiring stories to some of us here.

I bought mine new off the show room floor in Mar. 2002. Went in looking at chevy's and the 02 Camaro caught my attention as did the Monte. Took em both out for a drive and actually like the way the Monte handled and it's appearance more than the Camaro. Had I knew then that was the last year for the Camaro I might have bought it. But this Victory Red Monte "Limited Edition" won out......Tried to get a Yellow one but they said it was not available in the SS package in 02, so Red it was.....It has actually been a very reliable car. Knock on wood.....

Old 05-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

after about 2 months of searching online for a cobalt red 2007 SS I found one at a dealership 40 min away...luckily i did find one in red cus i was about to drive to minnesota to look at a laser blue one with silver stripes and silver ground effects (laser blue was my second choice)

Old 05-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

very cool stories so far, I got mine from a KIA dealer in Monroeville, PA. I had a 2000 Chrysler Sebring I bought used and it turned into a POS after I had it for 2 years, I put brand new tires and about $1000 into it trying to figure out why it would just randomy die on me? I've always been a huge NASCAR fan and my buddy at work recently bought an "Intimidator" when I was experiencing problems with my sebring and I saw an Autotrader with my Monte in it and I ended up buying it after about 4 hours of negotiating to no avail and my mom telling me to "walk away, if they want to sell it that bad the deal will be there tomorrow", but I did not listen to her and now it sits in my driveway as I type......... Over the last 2 years I've put more money into because the members here have no problem spending other peoples money and I was heavily influenced to make a few minor mods to it to make it mine! I plan on never letting it go for any amount of money, it means more to me than anything......

Old 05-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
Over the last 2 years I've put more money into because the members here have no problem spending other peoples money and I was heavily influenced to make a few minor mods to it to make it mine! I plan on never letting it go for any amount of money, it means more to me than anything......
i think this site helps all of us spend all of our extra cash on our montes ...i know it has made be buy alot already and i have a list of to-dos a mile long haha

Old 05-11-2011, 12:49 AM

I was looking for a white SS Monte since my car was a POS. Saw an ad in an auto trader for a white LS, but the price was pretty low. It was a year old (Feb. '05 when I saw it) with 15,000 miles on it. It was at a rink-a-dink dealer in IL. I checked it out, looked up the VIN (everything came up clean), checked the KBB (found out I was saving 4,000), went back and bought the car no money down. Even with interest I saved 2800 after paying it off. The only thing it didn't have that I would've loved was the moon roof. Someone else offered me an SS after he heard me talking about the deal but it was yellow & I hate yellow. Any other color I probably would've bought it. I've had my LS for 6 years now and it still runs as well as the day I bought it.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

Searching Craigslist for a comfortable commuter car. Really wanted a Bonneville, the Benz dealer had a GTP but wanted 3,000 more than I had.

Tested an 03 MC SS in a private sale, it was my first serious look at something different from 4-door sedans. Didn't buy the 03 but did find the 06 LT. Was at a small used car dealer in Salinas, they were asking 9,900 I got it for 8,000.

I would update my Facebook page with cars that I was looking at and friends would comment on them.

Favorite feature is the moonroof. My last car had T tops and I liked riding with the top open, but that stopping to open and stow them was a minus.

Last edited by Barovelli; 05-11-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

After seeing it at the NYIAS in April of 1999...I just HAD to have it...passed a chevy dealership everyday till I can find one...summer came and all I saw were the New Impalas...so I started shopping around and finally came to a deal with BK Chevrolet in Brooklyn...made the order in September, got the car in October of 1999....I still like to think i had one of the first SS ever produced as I did not see one until well into 2000...probably just a dream, but I don't mind dreaming....lol...

Joe

Old 05-11-2011, 07:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

My parents special ordered the car in February of 2000 (we didn't want a sunroof and it was standard), let me help build it because as long as I kept it nice and clean etc. etc. I was allowed to have it in a few years. We both kept up our ends of the bargains and it has been mine for about 7 years now.

Quick Reply: Where did you buy YOUR monte?