General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Wheel spacers ? Need some for my 01

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Wheel spacers ? Need some for my 01

Hello guys....... I have an issue.. I have a set of wheels from a 2010 Camaro... 245/55/19. The bolt pattern is 5x120. As you know our wheels are 5x115, do they make a spacer / adapter for these wheels ? I tried to find some, but didn't see any.... Any help would be great. Thanks..mjclemm

Old 05-29-2014, 03:00 PM

They should but i recommend staying away from them, they break lugs quite easy from what I hear.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Spacers on ebay

Originally Posted by MJClemm
Hello guys....... I have an issue.. I have a set of wheels from a 2010 Camaro... 245/55/19. The bolt pattern is 5x120. As you know our wheels are 5x115, do they make a spacer / adapter for these wheels ? I tried to find some, but didn't see any.... Any help would be great. Thanks..mjclemm
Ok, I used ebay for the purchase of some spacers I got the ones that were 1.5 inches x 5x115 so I could mount the Diamond cut from the 2000 up to a 99 my brake caliper was in the way, so I got these and they are Aluminum and milled very well have the new lugs and all plus the nuts for the spacer. Holes are already drilled and I mounted them up and torqued them to the spec and I have probably put on about 200 miles. I did take them back off and check them at 75 miles and they were still fine then I just did at 200 miles all ok. Get the 1.5 or thicker to flush with the existing lug bolts.
Now if you intend to race this car afterwards then don't do it or take them off that torque to come off the line will test them to the MAX and you may break them. I had a 69 Chevelle SS396 the 175 HP one back in the day and I broke some with coming off the line and that was rear torque one of the guys who put the slicks on may have not got every thing properly torqued replacing the lug nuts are a Pain in the You know what and if you do it in the front. you may need an alignment afterwards. I can look up the place I got mine at and put the link in here if you want. Just let me know.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Ok, I used ebay for the purchase of some spacers I got the ones that were 1.5 inches x 5x115 so I could mount the Diamond cut from the 2000 up to a 99 my brake caliper was in the way, so I got these and they are Aluminum and milled very well have the new lugs and all plus the nuts for the spacer. Holes are already drilled and I mounted them up and torqued them to the spec and I have probably put on about 200 miles. I did take them back off and check them at 75 miles and they were still fine then I just did at 200 miles all ok. Get the 1.5 or thicker to flush with the existing lug bolts.
Now if you intend to race this car afterwards then don't do it or take them off that torque to come off the line will test them to the MAX and you may break them. I had a 69 Chevelle SS396 the 175 HP one back in the day and I broke some with coming off the line and that was rear torque one of the guys who put the slicks on may have not got every thing properly torqued replacing the lug nuts are a Pain in the You know what and if you do it in the front. you may need an alignment afterwards. I can look up the place I got mine at and put the link in here if you want. Just let me know.
wheelgear on eBay try this one I went to the NAPA store and a tire store and they had some but not the right ones, hope that helps.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
wheelgear on eBay try this one I went to the NAPA store and a tire store and they had some but not the right ones, hope that helps.
Thanks I'll try them... I think the Camaro Wheels look cool as hell on the monte (set next to the car with my wheels taken off... I'll take a picture and show ya what I mean....
So, I can convert my 5x115 to 5x120 ? AWSOME... I will NOT be racing this car, just want it to look cool, that's all...lol...

Old 05-30-2014, 10:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't know that "Driver Number 3's" answer said that the adapters would permit you to change sizes. You might really need to inquire of the seller as to what they would suggest for the size conversion.

Will like to see what the Camaro wheels would look like on a Monte. Did you ever move forward wiith the Camaro steering wheel conversion?

Old 05-31-2014, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
I don't know that "Driver Number 3's" answer said that the adapters would permit you to change sizes. You might really need to inquire of the seller as to what they would suggest for the size conversion.

Will like to see what the Camaro wheels would look like on a Monte. Did you ever move forward wiith the Camaro steering wheel conversion?
Actually, I am installing the steering wheel today ... I'll take pics in a lil bit....