General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What year is this spare tire off of? And what is it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Default What year is this spare tire off of? And what is it worth?

I have had this spare tire never used sitting in my grand fathers basement for at least 20 years. The spare has never been on the ground. It's a Uniroyal Tiger Paw G70-14. The wheel has fins in it possibly made of rubber with a center cap in chrome with the Monte Carlo symbol. The tire has factory markings on the tread as well as the front of the tire. Any help would be great. I can't seem to post pictures! Can I email someone to post the pic's for me please? Thanks, Jeff

Old 08-09-2011, 08:10 AM

Hi `Jeff, I hope the below links will help you find the code on your tire to determine the date....Good Luck

www.tuninglinx.com/html/car-tire-date-code.html -
CachedSimilar
tire manufacture date Photo on the right belongs to a Toyo Proxes T1-S. The production code on all tires are not equal but you will see a special code in an ...

Tire Tech Information - Determining the Age of a Tire

www.tirerack.com ›
TiresTech - CachedSimilar
Therefore, it is possible to see a Tire Identification Number that appears ... install the weekly date code on the top sidewall portion of a hot tire mold. ...

Where do you find the code on tires that tell you when they were ...

answers.yahoo.com › ... ›
All CategoriesCars & TransportationSafety - CachedSimilar
2 answers - Apr 16, 2007
I've heard that tires over 6 yrs. old can be dange… ... of all tires on the market, and that will help you find tire date of manufacture. ...
How to find "date code" on auto tires?‎ - 1 answer - Oct 13, 2008
How to tell a tires Manufacture Date ?‎ - 3 answers - Dec 2, 2006
More results from answers.yahoo.com »

Get more discussion results

Tire Expiration Dates

www.aa1car.com/library/tire_expire.htm -
CachedSimilar
"People might think, 'Here's the tire industry trying to get us to buy more tires by stamping a date on them,'" he said. NHTSA issued new tire performance ...

How to Find the Manufacturing Date on Tires | eHow.com

www.ehow.com ›
Cars - CachedSimilar
How to Find the Manufacturing Date on Tires. The Department of Transportation requires serial numbers to be stamped into every tire produced.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:36 AM

according to my research (cliche), but uniroyal supplied tires from '67-72. so most cars that they came on as spares were oldsmobile's, chevelle's, impala's and camaro's from those years. Uniroyal Tiger Paw G70-14 and also F70-14s. anybody correct me if my research is incorrect.