General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What to do...??? Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 08:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ccusum
thats what I am now planning on doing. The body shop gave me an estimate of $12,000. Im going to put it online and someone is going to have to take the WHOLE car because I am not going to have people come a pick-a-part on my property. I just dont know what to ask for a whole parts car like this, the body is shot, but everything else is in used working condition.
How much for whole car & where are you located thank's zjerry

Old 07-24-2013, 10:46 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by zjerry
How much for whole car & where are you located thank's zjerry
I am not sure. I was looking at it last night and I was thinking of putting it back together. its all body damage. Nothing wrong with the suspension, frame, interior and the engine is still sitting straight. My neighbor works with a guy who does body work on the side and I am going to wait till he looks at it.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:59 AM
1 Year Member

So I got the car home and in checking it out, it is not as bad as I thought it was. there is NO frame damage, no wheel/hub damage just body panels. The worst of the damage is the rear quater due to the fact that a pro needs to fix it since it is not a bolt on. Other then that the front fenders need to be replaced and the other panels can get fixed. I will update more when actually start working on it and give progress as I move along.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by ccusum
So I got the car home and in checking it out, it is not as bad as I thought it was. there is NO frame damage, no wheel/hub damage just body panels. The worst of the damage is the rear quater due to the fact that a pro needs to fix it since it is not a bolt on. Other then that the front fenders need to be replaced and the other panels can get fixed. I will update more when actually start working on it and give progress as I move along.
What color is your car? Hopefully you can get panels of the same color. I hate painting. Does the rear quarter panel have a bunch of weld spots holding it in place?

Old 07-29-2013, 11:54 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Video
What color is your car? Hopefully you can get panels of the same color. I hate painting. Does the rear quarter panel have a bunch of weld spots holding it in place?
The color of the car is white. It does not matter if I find them the same color or not, Im going to get the car painted either by me doing it or having a pro do it. As for the weld spots, I guess so, from what I have read if the quater needs to be replaced it basically gets cut off from the front of the door all the way back. its not really a quater panel, it called a uni-frame or F-Frame.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow, I feel your pain! If you have a place to store her, I suggest replacing the parts yourself, new or used. And saving the $$$ to get it painted once you got her back together. It's Hard to start over again with a new car. And the choice is Hard, sell or rebuild? Good luck with whichever choice you make!

Old 08-05-2013, 04:00 PM
1 Year Member
Default Update - What to Do...??? Need advice

So I statred taking the car apart. Only found a little bit of damage once the Hood and fenders came off.

Attached Thumbnails What to do...??? Need advice-monte-carlo-001.jpg   What to do...??? Need advice-monte-carlo-002.jpg   What to do...??? Need advice-monte-carlo-003.jpg   What to do...??? Need advice-monte-carlo-004.jpg