General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 10:51 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by zzapultimate
I bought some stainless hardware today to put on my radiator support braces. The old ones were all rusty and crappy. I painted the braces silver again and have some shiny new hardware too Looking better under there.
Nice! you're ahead of me the most I've done to the engine bay is clean off the dust

Old 08-11-2012, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Barovelli
Bluetooth speakerphone. Scosche bluetooth BT1000. I bought this a year ago on eBay for about 1/3 of the retail cost, was an open box item. That was when I was putting 900+ miles a week on the car and wanted to be able to use my blackberry phone legally without something sticking in my ear (hate those..). I began pondering where to place it's components - a speakerbox, a microphone and a button panel - without adding too much to distract one from the fine clean interior that is the 2006 Monte Carlo with it's classy saddle-shoe two color interior.

Then I was laid off. And the Blackberry was returned along with the office keys and ID badge. So the bluetooth kit was bagged up and rode in the trunk for about a year.

So now the good fortune of a daily grind has returned to my life, it has a shorter commute (just 400 miles a week) and I thought I'd get this thing wired in and working.

Speakerbox, aimed at passenger footwell. Decent sound, better than the Droid X2's speaker at highway noise level. One screw (holds it to the console. It blends in with the rest of the black plastic that makes up the dash down there

The answer/hangup, volume up/down panel. I didn't want this stuck to the console or dash and spent way too much time with it temporary mounted in different places. I settled on the blacked out portion of the upper windshield. Very easy to slip it's cable into the A-pillar molding and down to the footwell.

This is is the Droid Car Dock, another item bought off eBay. It comes with one of those butt-ugly suction cup mounts that I also hate, so I removed only the essential part and attached it to a Panavise mobile bracket.

Last one is a power switch. Device has 2 power wires, an always on and an acessory-on-when-running one. I am still unable to find an accessory wire under the dash (did get a lead to follow that I'll follow up on..) so I spliced in a tiny rocker switch to shut it off.

The mic is stuck to the upper console, next to the 3 garage door buttons that I don't use. The cable routes simply in the headliner and down the A-pillar trim with the answer-hangup button wire. For a small chunk of plastic, GM put four of those fat grippy fasteners that make this a bear to remove. Good to know that this thing will never fall off the ceiling on it's own. The fasteners are on the sides, I used a trim tool that looks like a small wide crowbar to pry it off.

Pairing worked ok. A lady's voice says "power: on" when I flip the rocker, and "phone is ready" shortly after. I've used the Siri-like Speaktoit Assistant to make calls, and now I can look like a nutcase going down the road having a conversation with myself with no tell-tale ear-piece.

Highway 101, lookout.
who knows maybe people will think you're singing along witht he radio. Did a great job with installation of everything. You put the stuff in good unnoticeable spots nice job man

Old 08-11-2012, 10:58 AM

I'm hopefully gonna get the oil and filter changed and she'll be ready for another 3 months

Old 08-11-2012, 02:22 PM

i'm having a hard time getting the ZZP PCM to relearn.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
I'm guessing you're looking for 6th gen ones right? I'd imagine its hard to find around here GTPs and GTs all have 160-240k so the leathers always worn out pretty badly by then.
7th gen, I have the rears and passenger seat, I'll post pics when I get home and get the passenger. It's adding up and it's hard to find decent condition seats.

Seems all grand prix seats are torn up because Grand Prix's go to 100k miles within the first couple of years of being out

Old 08-11-2012, 03:12 PM

well today ive done nothing but did get a new touch screen deck installed along with some zxe headlight bulbs within the past week. now maybe tinting the tail lights a bit and some type cover for my headlights. we will see

Old 08-11-2012, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
7th gen, I have the rears and passenger seat, I'll post pics when I get home and get the passenger. It's adding up and it's hard to find decent condition seats.

Seems all grand prix seats are torn up because Grand Prix's go to 100k miles within the first couple of years of being out
7th gen seats are very nice. I know what you mean they're popular around here theres some newer models with 150k already that dealers still want 9k for

Old 08-11-2012, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sleeping Martyr
i'm having a hard time getting the ZZP PCM to relearn.
Hopefully someone with some experiance with them can help I havent done any mods like that so I'm of no use sorry man

Old 08-11-2012, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Murray137
well today ive done nothing but did get a new touch screen deck installed along with some zxe headlight bulbs within the past week. now maybe tinting the tail lights a bit and some type cover for my headlights. we will see
I got the oil changed as planned today wound up with a new battle scar on the passenger fender where it comes in to meet the hood very tiny but still upsets me due to the fact it was my own stupidity from leaving an oil wernch in the wrong palce Touch screen decks are awesome got any pics?

Old 08-11-2012, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
I got the oil changed as planned today wound up with a new battle scar on the passenger fender where it comes in to meet the hood very tiny but still upsets me due to the fact it was my own stupidity from leaving an oil wernch in the wrong palce Touch screen decks are awesome got any pics?
yeah i can snap a few and a video of it. its a kenwood dnx5160

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?