General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 07:38 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

I saw a thread like this on a F150 Forum and its always active and updated everyday lol thought I'd give it a try here and see how ya'll like it.

Not today but yesterday I took it out and conditioned the leather, cleaned the interior plastics and gave it a quick wax with some spray detailer. I hate waxing it or cleaning it because you can see all the rock chips that look like snow flakes, not to mention the gouging scratch in the front bumper that the privious owner poorly coved up with touch up pain, along with other little imperfections lol. Anyway after getting it all pretty I took it on a little cruise only to realize I should change my oil since its been 3 months but only 850 miles

Old 08-06-2012, 07:46 PM

Great idea! We should keep it running in either the Off Topic or General Monte Carlo Talk forum sections just like we do with the daily Member's Blog!
Today, I installed a new plastic headlight tab (the ones that keep them locked in) because there was a broken and essentially ineffective one from when we bought the car. I also installed two brand new dark tint in-channel WeatherTech wind deflectors because the passenger-side one flew out at 75mph! I installed them incorrectly the first time. And they were so clear about keeping the bottom edge OUTSIDE of the trim. I was very pleased at how quickly they were replaced for one complimentary time though. I'll do a review on them soon!

Old 08-06-2012, 08:00 PM

I saw this and said to myself I have seen this before. This thread title is also used in the Chevy truck talk forum lol. I have removed my right rear tire and inflated it because it was completely flat after sitting. This weekend im gonna take it to the car wash and clean it up and fix the last of its leaks (coolant elbows again!)

Old 08-06-2012, 08:01 PM

I worked on my SLP grille, its almost ready to be put on the car!

Old 08-06-2012, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
Great idea! We should keep it running in either the Off Topic or General Monte Carlo Talk forum sections just like we do with the daily Member's Blog!
Today, I installed a new plastic headlight tab (the ones that keep them locked in) because there was a broken and essentially ineffective one from when we bought the car. I also installed two brand new dark tint in-channel WeatherTech wind deflectors because the passenger-side one flew out at 75mph! I installed them incorrectly the first time. And they were so clear about keeping the bottom edge OUTSIDE of the trim. I was very pleased at how quickly they were replaced for one complimentary time though. I'll do a review on them soon!
Thanks man! How do you like the in channel ones? I've never seen any besides the stick on so I didn't know they existed until a few months ago lol. That was my concern was about them flying off.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by DRuben
I saw this and said to myself I have seen this before. This thread title is also used in the Chevy truck talk forum lol. I have removed my right rear tire and inflated it because it was completely flat after sitting. This weekend im gonna take it to the car wash and clean it up and fix the last of its leaks (coolant elbows again!)
I figured it was a common type thread that probably every Forum has had at one point and time, I just never recalled seeing it. The one on the Ford forum has been going since 08 if I recall right and has over approximately 5,800 posts. Plus its always interesting to see things people are doing or even hear about regular maitinence. Anothe common thread on the truck forums I've noticed is usually entitled similar to this "whats your favorite mod you have that was under $100" a lot of people write about half a tank on that one in a truck forum though I've yet to run into coolant elbow issues I'll be sure to keep an eye on them though. Driving the other beast so much you let the tire get flat huh lol

Old 08-06-2012, 08:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Today I got all the parts I've been working on back on my Monte.

Painted ZZP HVTB, also polished, painted, and clear coated my engine mounts and cross braces.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Project Monte 04
I worked on my SLP grille, its almost ready to be put on the car!
You'll have to upload some cool pics when you get er on. Whats the color scheme??

Old 08-06-2012, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
Today I got all the parts I've been working on back on my Monte.

Painted ZZP HVTB, also polished, painted, and clear coated my engine mounts and cross braces.

I love them. I love the black and red color scheme and the silver just goes great with it. Clean looking engine bay man

Old 08-06-2012, 08:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There is a thread like this around here somewhere but we can always have another. 01 Monte SS I like the color scheme you've got going there.
All I did to my Monte today was drive it.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?